Gap camo vs tan marble mcmillan a5

SwampSniper

Having a rifle built by Bob Racine over at south west precision and can't decide between these two stocks. Both are very appealing just wondering what y'all think. image.jpg

Going against the grain on this one. GAP camo always has a place in the woods and at the bench. gun)

Bottom one. I went with 75% tan 25% black swirls in the marble finish about 5 yrs ago in my A-3 and I still love it. Same color as John Burns used on his 7mmstw in beyond belief.

I would go with the bottom stock. Is there any way you could get some black and green mixed in the tan. The pattern is what is so appealing, best of both worlds.

No I can't adjust the color. of the ones he has in stock, these are the two I'm torn between. I've decided to go with the gap camo and if it ever bores me I'll duracoat coat it. Lol
It should be a fun rifle to shoot (as if they all aren't) once it's done.

26" rock creek 5r remington varmint contour threaded
Match chambered in 260 remington
Rem 700 action trued
Seekins aics bottom metal
Badger thruster brake
All metal cerakoted
20 moa rail
Atlas qd bipod
Oversize bolt handle
Mcmillan a5 gap camo
Timney 510 trigger

Depends on how you plan to employ your weapon. If you want Tacti-kewl or do the 'range fashion' chic thing.

A bold, large pattern might stand out up close however at distances beyond 50 meters they tend to meld into their surroundings better, especially if there are large variances of light and color in your background.

Pretty much all small, close two color patters work best for close in camo, inside 50 meters. Beyond that viewing distance, the colors blend into a single shade, and your weapons outline actually becomes more distinct unless additional camo is added to break up the outline.

But the bottom stock does look kewl. If you are going to be shooting in an open area, long distance or a shooting range kind of shooter with no need for effective camo, then that's a nice rig.

The GAP rig would be more a effective camo for visual disruption and observational avoidance.

Both look nice!

I'm sure that you'll enjoy whichever one you choose.

DocB

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.