Ga precision

I couldn't saw enough positive things about buys Gap rifle. He promised the rifle a month before my hunt and it came as promised. The quality of my Gap non typical from the action, barrel, trigger, and how it was assembled. You couldn't get me to sell this 300 Winchester Mag. It shoot everything I feed it. My only thing I would have changed is making a dummy round for the chamber and a Wyatt magazine box. The chamber is 300 win mag tac from PT&G. My only complaint is that you can't talk to the smith working on your rifle. This is to keep them working and not answering or talking to you. The people that you are talking to are about your rifle are very intelligent and gun savvy. Be careful my non typical with all the he adds add up quickly. I should have just saved up a little more and bought there next model up. If you want a 300 WSM and you bought a 308 I would call and see if you could buy it he one they have in stock or wait. This was my first customer rifle I had built and it's the easy button for buying a custom rifle.
Good luck with your new custom rifle.
Jason

Attachments

• B1E466D9-B40B-4685-8B63-2BEEF6185726.jpeg
    B1E466D9-B40B-4685-8B63-2BEEF6185726.jpeg
    648.1 KB · Views: 236
  • B4A47EA2-0342-42E7-9F88-E3F2F79E9ADD.jpeg
    B4A47EA2-0342-42E7-9F88-E3F2F79E9ADD.jpeg
    725.7 KB · Views: 235
  • E9CA3B6E-5E62-4912-A822-8969102337C7.jpeg
    E9CA3B6E-5E62-4912-A822-8969102337C7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 232
I took him in Wyoming 2020. My first mule deer, living in California all my other bucks are small black tail's. He's no monster but I would have never passed him up. I finally got him back from the taxidermist last month. Hunting in Wyoming is like nothing I have ever experienced.
Thanks,
Jason

I apologize for the delayed response. I was finishing up a project for a client.

Here is the link to the proper page:

https://www.gaprecision.net/custom-precision-rifles/custom-hunting-rifles.html?gp_caliber=37

From the main page which was selected by one poster, you have to scroll down the left side of that page and select 'Hunting Rifles'.

When that page boots up, select .300 WSM from the list of cartridges on that left side. You will then see 2 rifles and their descriptions show up.

Enjoy!

:)

If you follow the Precision Rifle Blog they had an issue on the gun smiths used by top shooter in PRS and GA Precision was one of the most common smiths.
I've have 4 rifles from GAP and they all shoot very well. In general, they will make what you order even if it's not something specifically listed on their web site. My last rifle was a 6.5 SAUM with an Impact action. Not surprisingly with custom rifles, it helps if you know what you want so you get things just right. (e.g., twist rates, barrel contour, arca plates, extra studs/ qd points, barrel threading specs, etc.) If you stray from the web site offering, they also have some in-roads with Bartlein for select carbon barrels. GAP also keeps a limited number of popular high-end stocks in inventory so when you talk to the sales guy writing up the order, you might save some wait time if what they have on-hand suits you.
I have yet to read a bad review on GA Precision. I think you can go to them with high confidence, but the trade off is time and money.

I still haven't gotten to shoot my new rifle yet! Waiting on a muzzle brake. After I get it installed then I will let y'all know my thoughts. Still tossing up in the air about building a 300wsm. He says it will be everybit of 8 months.

I currently have four of them in my safe, another to be delivered in December, and three others that buddies have begged off of me and which I still miss. Everyone shoots bug holes with just about any load. I used a 300 wm shooting 210 Berger's and took a Nebraska Muley at 650 yards that measured 185 3/8 three years ago. Gardner has a you tube video of him taking a Muley at 1500 yards one shot. No matter the caliber you can't go wrong with GA imho