GA Precision vs Norcal

7ultra

Alright guys, street cred time. Both manufacturers sell their base rifles for about the same price. Configurations and accessories are comparable. Accuracy guarantee is the same. One thing that Norcal does that I like is vent the 700 bolt. What I need now is opinions and experiences. Fire away

7ultra,
I don`t have any experience with Norcal, but can say that George at GA will do his best to take care of ya and will do as necessary to take care of a problem if should arrise. If you deal with GA, talk to George.

Warren

[ 09-09-2004: Message edited by: Warren Barrett ]

I have not dealt with Nor-Cal before either I did pick up my GA Precision Rifle there at his house I have seen his shop it's very small but well put together he seems to do fantastic work but from what I gatherd talking with Jerry Rice is he orderes your componants when you committ to the Rifle which is the smart way of doing things for sure where as George has a little more resources and has a pretty good enventory there at his shop he even keeps some stocks in stock. When I was in the market for my rifle I called both builders and spoke with them for a while they both talk highly of the other the only thing that made me choose George over Jerry was because I wanted my Rifle Now! not to have to wait for it. and George had one that fit the Bill to a tee sitting there complete ready to ship and offered a Great price as well. I just placed my second order with George for a .338LM on a A5 all the bells and whistles.. it's a total toss up both rifles from either builder, the rifles will no doubt shoot great it just depends on how long ya want to wait for your new stick, In my experience and from reading from others George has a very fast turn around...like I said I can't comment on Jerry but one would think the rifle would be built sooner if all parts were in stock at your shop allready, just my thought. Keith

Jerry and George are both good folk..Nothing lost or gained by going either, you are getting premier service and product...

JR

Any of you guys have contact info on Nor-Cal? I live 50 miles or less from American Canyon and the numbersi use don't work.I tried operator assistance and they show no listings.Did he move?
Lynn

I seem to have lost his address, but I have been to his house, almost feel like I could find it again, if I had to?

All I have right now is:

[email protected],

if that don't work, maybe I have it on the other computer? LB

Jerry Rice can be reached in the following ways:
EMAIL: [email protected]
Postal / Shipping Address: NOR-CAL Precision
2004 Elliott Dr. American Canyon, CA 94503
Telephone: 1-(707)-552-3810
Fax: 1-(707)-558-8977

Thats what I have later Keith

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.