.325 WSM GA Precision LR rifle

Ian M

Started shooting my new .325 WSM yesterday, very pleased. A few break-in rounds at 100 yards then straight out to 800 yards. Excellent consistency with the 200 Accubond bullet, it is significantly more accurate and flatter than the 220 Power Point at 800. Partner shot three at 1100 yards, would have been a very dead deer. Only 2-3 inches up and down dispersion. Believe this new toy is going to be a shooter!
Win. M-70 WSM action - magic courtesy of George Gardner
8mm fat and fluted Mike Rock barrel - smooth as a baby's butt
HTG McMillan in desert camo - still one of the best fitting hunting stocks
Badger Ordnance mounts - tuff and totally reliable
Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x56 - superb opicts, very sweet scope

iangapnxs.jpg

Thanks Dave, appreciate that. Any ideas how to paint the Harris and Nightforce to match the stock and steel? Sort of a baby**** yellow...

Ian,
That is one fine looking stick ya got there! Hope to see you in Houston.

Ian,
That rig gives me a woodie! What is the weight?? Beautiful rifle my friend.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jeff in Florida

Any comparative ballistics on velocity and drops and powder consumption over a .300 win or .338 win for us?

Have 170 rounds through the new .325 WSM so far, mostly break-in, zeroing and getting to know each other. Will keep you advised as I get more data, handloading is next on the agenda.

Mike,
I will be around the T/C booth a bunch, hope to meet you! I have never attended an NRA show, always go to the SHOT show, so am really looking forward to experiencing one. Plus the article and the bear will make for interesting times.

For me the M-40A stock is my all time favorite, all my using rifles wear that stock. I really like your choice in stocks!

I agree, the HTG is hard to beat. Fits well and works for lefties also. Thought I would try the lighter Desert Camo colors this time and really like them. Most of my stocks are much darker.

Yes I really like that desert camo pattern myself. I don't own any yet, mine being the dark woodland pattern. Some of these rifles are pretty hard to tell apart as they are all on Pre-64's or old FN actions, they all have the Robar Roguard finish. Just stuck in a rut I guess. I will sure be getting the desert camo pattern next as it will work much better as a dead grass pattern out on the tundra. Yours being the first I've seen in a non Ad pic, it looks mighty fine to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.