Fierce Edge vs Seekins Precision Havak Pro hunter vs Gunwerks Magnus

Any more inputs to this? I am torn between the fierce carbon fury or the seekins havak pro hunter in 6.5 PRC

I have a Fierce Carbon Fury in 300 win mag and a Seekins Havak in 6.5 Creedmoor. They are both great rifles. The Fierce is lighter by nearly a pound. The Fierce is about a 1000 dollars more dipped with a brake than the Seekins without brake. The Fierce has a little nicer trigger imo. Seekins doesn't offer a dipped option. Both factory brakes work well. I think the Fierce action is a little smoother. Both are very accurate. The Fierce has a 1/2 Mia guarantee. Both are somewhat different looking so cosmetics may impact your decision. Seekins customer service is reputed to be better but both have been very good in my experience. If money is no object I'd lean toward the Fierce Fury Carbon but if it's a consideration you'd save around 500-700 buying a Seekins with brake. I will say I've heard a few guys on here dissatisfied with the Seekins PRC accuracy but my 6.5 is deadly.

I loved my first CT Edge so much I built a second custom using all Fierce parts to get the chamber cut the way I wanted it. The Havaks shoot very well but the actions are 50/50 cock on close/open. I absolutely hate the Seekins action. I would strongly encourage any looking at a Seekins to cycle the action first.

I think if you buy one of the MOA rifles new you can go there training school for free or greatly reduced price. At least that is what they were offering at a gun show I was at.

Id do the Seekins for that budget range and if i had the budget id do the Gunwerks. The Seekins is really nice rifle with great service. Plus they have a custom shop now as well. I dont trust Fierce as far as i can throw them. Even the limited emails ive had to them are met with aggravation because I'm not placing an order immediately.

Id do the Seekins for that budget range and if i had the budget id do the Gunwerks. The Seekins is really nice rifle with great service. Plus they have a custom shop now as well. I dont trust Fierce as far as i can throw them. Even the limited emails ive had to them are met with aggravation because I'm not placing an order immediately.

Well I bought a Seekins in 6.5 CM and then bought a Fierce Carbon Fury in 300 Win Mag. The Fierce was more money but is a pound lighter. slicker action and has a nicer trigger IMO. It also has the option of Kuia Vias or Kryptek dip. The Fierce has a metal detachable box mag that is flush with rifle when loaded whereas the Seekins has a Magpul magazine that sticks out below rifle. Love them both and they are both very accurate.

I just got my 28 Nosler from Seekins back from cerakote. I am pretty stoked.

Attachments

• seekins2.jpg
    seekins2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 126
I'm new here to the forum, but definitely interested in this thread. I'm an average Joe when it comes to rifles and don't proclaim to be an expert by any means. I own a mere two rifles, one of those being a Kimber Montana chambered in 325 wsm. Living in Alaska, I chose this as my personal "one & done" rifle. After 13 years of service, I've decided to retire the 325 and obtain a new 30 caliber. I've selected the new 300 PRC as my new modern platform and have a Seekins Havak PH2 in que to be built. That may change... They sell the rifle with one magazine. One carbon fiber magazine made exclusive for that caliber and fitment to their stock. In other words- proprietary to Seekins alone. I've been told you cannot top load their magazines and must release them to feed ammo. Because of this I wanted an additional magazine, and also in the event of damage/failure/loss that I'd have a back-up. Literally after two days post-order, I'm told I cannot purchase an additional magazine as they don't have any to sell (aside from the one that it comes with). That's the most absurd thing I've heard. To top that, I'm also told that no other magazines will fit the Seekins. Now I'm wondering if I can live with the one & done magazine? Since pondering this question, I have started looking at other manufacturers. I've ruled out a lot of custom builders mainly due to cost. I have a very limited budget and need to consider not only the cost of the rifle, but also the optics I have to pick. The one that is resonating with me is the Fierce Carbon Fury. Price point is not bad for what you get. Now it's merely decision time; continue with the Seekins build and worry the bolt throw may contact my scope, or go with the Fierce and worry if I'll have "Sako" extractor issues. Argh... I'm so plundered & flustered that my brain hurts!
Sorry for the long post, & I look fwd to others whom may help screw my head on straight. As of now, I have already purchased 10 boxes of 212 gr Hornady ELD-X but may as well throw them down range for they have no way to fly...

I'm new here to the forum, but definitely interested in this thread. I'm an average Joe when it comes to rifles and don't proclaim to be an expert by any means. I own a mere two rifles, one of those being a Kimber Montana chambered in 325 wsm. Living in Alaska, I chose this as my personal "one & done" rifle. After 13 years of service, I've decided to retire the 325 and obtain a new 30 caliber. I've selected the new 300 PRC as my new modern platform and have a Seekins Havak PH2 in que to be built. That may change... They sell the rifle with one magazine. One carbon fiber magazine made exclusive for that caliber and fitment to their stock. In other words- proprietary to Seekins alone. I've been told you cannot top load their magazines and must release them to feed ammo. Because of this I wanted an additional magazine, and also in the event of damage/failure/loss that I'd have a back-up. Literally after two days post-order, I'm told I cannot purchase an additional magazine as they don't have any to sell (aside from the one that it comes with). That's the most absurd thing I've heard. To top that, I'm also told that no other magazines will fit the Seekins. Now I'm wondering if I can live with the one & done magazine? Since pondering this question, I have started looking at other manufacturers. I've ruled out a lot of custom builders mainly due to cost. I have a very limited budget and need to consider not only the cost of the rifle, but also the optics I have to pick. The one that is resonating with me is the Fierce Carbon Fury. Price point is not bad for what you get. Now it's merely decision time; continue with the Seekins build and worry the bolt throw may contact my scope, or go with the Fierce and worry if I'll have "Sako" extractor issues. Argh... I'm so plundered & flustered that my brain hurts!
Sorry for the long post, & I look fwd to others whom may help screw my head on straight. As of now, I have already purchased 10 boxes of 212 gr Hornady ELD-X but may as well throw them down range for they have no way to fly...

Long post and I'm not sure what your question is. I have Seekins Pro Hunter and Fierce Carbon Fury. My Seekins came with a Magpul magazine that can be bought onAmazon. My Fierce came with a flush mount metal mag. I haven't asked for a spare and don't know how they'd respond to that request.
BTW I bought my Fierce from an attorney that has a new high end rifle business on Gunbroker with very good pricing

Long post and I'm not sure what your question is. I have Seekins Pro Hunter and Fierce Carbon Fury. My Seekins came with a Magpul magazine that can be bought onAmazon. My Fierce came with a flush mount metal mag. I haven't asked for a spare and don't know how they'd respond to that request.
BTW I bought my Fierce from an attorney that has a new high end rifle business on Gunbroker with very good pricing

NeedForSpeed- your Seekins, is it a PH1 or PH2? What caliber and curious if the Magpul PMAG 5 AC AICS Long Action would work with the Seekins chambered in 300 PRC- is the mag long enough to accommodate the round and will it fit/retention be secure with the existing Seekins platform? I was advised that their proprietary mag was the only one that would work.

I'm new here to the forum, but definitely interested in this thread.
Call Mike at Hell's Canyon Armory. He is an excellent rifle builder and a very good guy.

Thanks for the reply. I finally put my hands on a Seekins yesterday (first-time). After doing so, I have made the decision to cancel my current build before it starts. I've also decided on the Fierce Carbon Fury. Why? Granted I HAVE NOT had the opportunity/privilege to shoot either, but the feel of each rifle is what solidified my decision. The stock of each... Seekins palm swell was a bit excessive IMO (too fat), and felt "slick." The Fierce was more of what I'm accustomed to for hunting; the palm swell had a predictable fit/feel, and the Monte Carlo was ample to attain a good cheek weld. The Carbon Fury will be better suited for hunting as I'm not much of a bench rest match-type shooter.
There is a however moment here... I bought a Seekins Havak PH2 yesterday, only this is a 6.5 not 300 PRC. Why settle on one rifle? 🤔

NeedForSpeed- your Seekins, is it a PH1 or PH2? What caliber and curious if the Magpul PMAG 5 AC AICS Long Action would work with the Seekins chambered in 300 PRC- is the mag long enough to accommodate the round and will it fit/retention be secure with the existing Seekins platform? I was advised that their proprietary mag was the only one that would work.

I got it a year ago, I believe it's a PH1 chambered i
Thanks for the reply. I finally put my hands on a Seekins yesterday (first-time). After doing so, I have made the decision to cancel my current build before it starts. I've also decided on the Fierce Carbon Fury. Why? Granted I HAVE NOT had the opportunity/privilege to shoot either, but the feel of each rifle is what solidified my decision. The stock of each... Seekins palm swell was a bit excessive IMO (too fat), and felt "slick." The Fierce was more of what I'm accustomed to for hunting; the palm swell had a predictable fit/feel, and the Monte Carlo was ample to attain a good cheek weld. The Carbon Fury will be better suited for hunting as I'm not much of a bench rest match-type shooter.
There is a however moment here... I bought a Seekins Havak PH2 yesterday, only this is a 6.5 not 300 PRC. Why settle on one rifle? 🤔

I bought the Seekins PH Havak in 6.5 CM last year and really love it. The rifle feels, looks and shoots great
That said when I was looking for another rifle in a magnum caliber for larger game, I decided on the Fierce Carbon Fury in 300 Win Mag. Comparing the two, Id say the Fierce is at least as accurate and probably a touch more so, and a pound lighter. I think the trigger is a little better and the bolt action is smoother IMO. The magazine is metal and flush on the Fierce. You can buy the Fierce Fury Carbon with a brake and a dipped stock from a guy on Gunbroker and it includes a free African Safari with three animals. I think its an overall better value than the Seekins if you want a brake and a camo stock. The safari is a bonus but I dont know if I will ever use it.
Bottom line they are both very nice rifles and I think youll be very happy with them.
After youve shot them, let me know your thoughts
If you havent bought them yet PM me and Ill tell you where I got both of mine for very fair prices

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts