Want To Buy G-7 2500 RANGE FINDER

Discussion in 'Optics For Sale' started by 338edge, Aug 20, 2017.

1. 338edge

338edge Well-Known Member

Anybody have one or know any details on the gunwerks new 2500 G-7 range finder.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  2. Greyfox

Greyfox Well-Known Member

3. pawater

pawater Well-Known Member

I'd be curious to see how it stacks up against the Sig 2400

4. 338edge

Thats a great idea!

5. mikea5232

mikea5232 Well-Known Member

If you call gunwerks, they will tell you. "If you mainly shoot steel or targets, the sig is a better option. If you mainly want it for hunting, the gunwerks is a better choice." They went into great detail on the differences with me, but i don't remember well enough to repeat.

If you want better detailed info on the differences, give them a quick call and they will gladly explain the differences as they sell both.

I'm going to be buying a gunwerks before my hunt this fall.

6. 338edge

I talked with Aaron at Gunwerks and he said it will compete with the terrapin. G-7 2500 is great all around rangefinder as well as the kilo 2400 according to Aaron.

Corey

7. Greyfox

Greyfox Well-Known Member

I own the current Gen2 G7, Sig 2400, and a Terrapin. Even comparing the currently availalable G7 Gunwerks RF, I tend to agree that the G7 is a better rangefinder for hunting out to 1000/1200 yards, about the furthest I shoot game. IMO, IF you understand and learn how to use the "True- Targeting" capability of the G7. For me, produces an accurate range on game much faster then the Sig or Terrapin even when using the latters continuous or bracketing modes. Holding a small beam steady enough for an accurate range in the field can be problematic and cost you the shot. While the Terrapin/Kestral) have more sophisticated ballistic programming features, for the distances I hunt, I have had no issue getting precise dope/hits with the ballistic programs in any of the three RF's given an accurate range is acquired. I don't think you would go wrong with any of the three approaches but it is a tough call between the Sig and G7. The Sig has some attractive features in terms of size, retical design, and advanced ballistic capabilities for the longer shots. I'm very intriqued by the Gunwerks 2500 and will take a close look at it. I suspect that it is intended, will be the companion RF that Gunwerks will position for use with their newly introduced Revic scope.