Fusion or power max ammo?

midmo

Has anyone used the federal line of fusion ammo or the winchester power max ammo? i am curious about how it performs. Are they similar to remington core lokt? if they are how is the core lokts performance?

I've used both in a few different rifles. As always, each rifle seems to like a particular type of ammo.

The Fusion in my 25-06 and formerly owned 270WSM was very accurate. The PowerMAx in my current 270 Win is very accurate (1 1/4 in at 200 yards). Both have taken deer with zero issues.

I'd highly recommend trying them out if you want good performing, relatively low cost factory ammo.

i appreciate your response so thank you! I just picked up the powermax bonded, we will see how they shoot.

two deer, bear, yote one stop shot from my 243, super ammo, accurate and CHEAP

Ditto, even on the bear.... Wow, weird... But I was using my 270WSM. For factory ammo, Federal Fusions kick butt. Great terminal performance, & group well. Plus I like loading Federal brass. I've had good luck with it. Save your brass if you plan to load someday.
Price for performance, is flat out amazing.
As far as how they compare to corelokts, let's just say corelokt bullets/ammo aren't even in the same league. There is no comparison.
I strictly roll my own for all my rifles now a days, but when ever a friend asks what kind of ammo they should buy, my answer is always the same;
Roll yer own, first choice, or go buy Fusions if your gonna shoot box ammo.
Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.