7 Winchester short mag
260 Remington
300 Winchester short magnum

In the long actions can go
6.5 PRC
28 Nosler
7rem Mag
300 win mag
300 PRC basically any long action the best part is same stock same scope you're comfortable with all your gear Just do a swap barrels and possibly swap barrels and bolts pretty cool system we started building about a year ago on Terminus actions

Last edited:
For those that have a set up like this. When you switch barrels all the time do you find that your loads and zeros are repeatable? Meaning if I switch from a 6.5 CM and work a load up then switch to a prc and do the same. If I switch back to the 6.5 CM is that load still as good as it was before? I have a short and medium action origin and wanting to turn them more into a switch barrel rig but worried about having issues with chasing loads and accuracy.

For those that have a set up like this. When you switch barrels all the time do you find that your loads and zeros are repeatable? Meaning if I switch from a 6.5 CM and work a load up then switch to a prc and do the same. If I switch back to the 6.5 CM is that load still as good as it was before? I have a short and medium action origin and wanting to turn them more into a switch barrel rig but worried about having issues with chasing loads and accuracy.
I use a Zermatt origin and swap my barrels and bolt face if needed. I don't have any issue of POI changing. If I shoot a 300wm and change out to a 308, when I go back to my 300 wm it will shoot like it did before I put the 308 on as long as I torque it back to the same ft lbs

I'm doing it on a Zermatt TL3 now. 6 Creedmoor and 300wsm and now a 6.5 saum.

You have to have two bolt faces to do standard and magnum cartridges…so that's whole or part of a bolt. Zermatt it's just a bolt head, Defiance, Lone Peak, Kelbly it's a whole bolt assembly and the newer BAT's is a hybrid of the two. No right answer, they will all work.

To solve the mag issue…Hawkins Hunter DBM with two different magazines, works well. I think Terminus and Curtis both make something very similar…I know they won't all work with different actions without some adjustment. I've got a Terminus DBM (it's nice and I really like the mag release better) I wanted to use on my TL3 and it hits the action. I think with a mill I could adjust it to work but instead used the Hawkins.

To the other question, you don't have to work up a load again, all mine have picked right off where they were left. I store them clean with a light kroil patch before they go in the safe…assuming they'll be off a while. If not, I'll leave them fouled.

The biggest hassle to a switch barrel is having to redo zero after every barrel swap. If your range is convenient, that'll be less of a hassle. I'm almost an hour away from my range access. Take good notes and 99% of the time it's a one shot validation.