• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS, Rem700 Stainless fluted 308 in McMillan A3 GAP camo.

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
I have a stainless 700 short action 308 for sale. This is a factory stainless fluted barrel. 26" (-1/16" for a new face and crown) 12 twist in sendero/varmint contour. She rests in a McMillan A3 stock molded in GAP camo, 'pillars installed'. Factory bottom metal, factory trigger which is the cleanest Remington trigger I have ever pulled. There is ZERO creep and is 2.5#. An 11 degree target crown has been cut at the muzzle and is razor sharp. This is honestly the cleanest 700 action I have ever seen. With all the talk in past years about Remington quality, this one is superb.

There are 118 rounds down the pipe. I can offer load data to the buyer. I have only shot 155 AMAXs, 168 AMAXs, 190 SMKs and 190 VLDs. All showed plenty of accuracy potential except for the 190VLD. Most of the time it seems like the VLDs like to be just off the lands. This being a factory barrel, you cant get them near the lands. The 155s, 168s and 190SMKs all show 1/2 MOA to sub 1/2MOA. The 168 AMAXs over varget were shooting ragged holes. I'm sure with the 155s you would see the same with a bit more tuning. I just didn't shoot that many but with minimal testing they were in the 1/2MOA range. 190SMKs were the same story. Minimal load work and they were in the 1/2MOA zone. Between varget and RL15, she likes varget the best. These are the only two powders I've ran through her.

If you want a solid performer, you wont be disappointed in this rifle. I hate to let her go but I have another project I really want to pursue and I need to let something go. I have two very accurate 308s, I only need one and this one has the least sentimental value to me.

I am asking $1250 plus shipping to your FFL.

Attachments

• IMG_2554.JPG
    IMG_2554.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2560.JPG
    IMG_2560.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2566.JPG
    IMG_2566.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2567.JPG
    IMG_2567.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 7
I've had some interest in trades. I think at this point I'm only interested in a partial trade for a 700 BDL LA SS RH magnum bolt face (or standard 30-06 bolt face) and/or an A3 700 BDL LA RH stock either 'Edge' (any color or unfinished) or standard sporter fill in molded GAP or McMillan camo. Maybe woodland or rhino.

M