• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS Leupold Mark 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsink

Bought this one by mistake. It has the M5 knob and I prefer the M1 so im letting it go. It was taken out of the box, mounted, 5 rounds fired and taken back off. No ring marks, approximately 6 months old.

Leupold Mark 4, 8.5-25x50 LR/T, Matte, Illuminated TMR. I'm asking $1250.00 shipped for it.

Thanks

IMG_20160914_180646239_HDR_zpsauudavzk.jpg

IMG_20160912_061754981_zpsak3kx7ry.jpg

IMG_20160914_180655743_zpss98ex59i.jpg

What is the difference in turrets? M5 vs. M1

From what the people at Leupold told me, they are the same except the M5 is in Mils and the M1 is in MOA so that would make this a Mil/Mil scope.

The M5 is .10 mil adjustments and the M1 is .25 moa. The box in the picture says M5 but the scope in the picture has M1 turrets. The adjustments, however, may be .1 mil with the wrong turrets. You can tell because there are only 3 lines in between the numbers. It may be a mistake on Leupold's part, it has happened to me before.
If that's the case it's an easy fix, let their great customer service make up for their horrible quality control.
You just need to figure out what the adjusts are really in.

I have a Kahles 8x42 binocular new in box, would give 675 to boot, paid 600 for them. any interest 406-229-0305

I'm curious to see if he figured out what was going on with the turrets.

Like I said; the scope in his picture has M1 (.25 moa) turrets, he says those are the turrets he wants. This is what M5 turrets look like, compare this numbers...there is a mistake somewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_5335.JPG
    IMG_5335.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 12
I'm curious to see if he figured out what was going on with the turrets.

Like I said; the scope in his picture has M1 (.25 moa) turrets, he says those are the turrets he wants. This is what M5 turrets look like, compare this numbers...there is a mistake somewhere.

I guess I should have been more clear and worded it differently. Those were the M1 knobs but the turrents are in Mils. When I said I wanted the M1 knobs, I should have said I wanted the turrent in MOA and not Mils. Having never owned a scope in Mils, I did not realize the Mil knob was in 1/10ths.

I ended up calling Leupold and talking to them. I gave them the serial number and they confirmed it should have come with the M5 knobs but some how it got the M1 knobs installed on it before it left the plant.

Leupold sent me the correct M5 knobs. I put those on and I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. I am slowly warming up to and understanding the Mil/Mil setup and I have to admit it sure does work good.

I case there is anymore discussion, I will wait to close the thread.

Good deal, let their great customer service make up for their poor quality control. Had this happen to me, wrong turrets for the adjustments.

Just goes to show; guys who are reading this and dialing for range: check your adjustments!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.