• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS- EXC. Rem. 700 Varmint Special .222 Rem, Unmolested 1968 model

laver

For Sale - Unmolested and original very early model Rem 700 BDL Varmint Special, .222 Remington. Month & date code is L R. Serial # is 3305xx, no pre-fix. Best I can tell, it was manufactured in Feb., 1968, and is a second year
of production model, as the Varmint Special seems to have been
introduced in 1967.

Condition is Excellent. Metal and wood is about 95%+.

Stock - is about 95%+, showing only the very lightest of handling marks. Wood is way above average grade showing fiddleback full-length on both sides. Stock has the original Remington aluminum butt-plate and original sling swivel studs. Checkering is of course, embossed and in excellent condition. The stock has NOT been bedded nor has the barrel channel been opened up or free floated.

Barrel - I am the second owner. I bought it from the original owner some time back. He mentioned he had fired it less than 200 rounds, all factory loads. I have fired it 28 rounds. The barrel scopes excellent with my Hawkeye bore scope. The original factory target type scope bases are included.

Trigger- Is original pre-Exmark type and appears to never have been adjusted from the factory settings.

Price - $825 + shipping & insurance. Sorry, no trades.

Your FFL needs to accept shipments from individuals.

email replies preferred - [email protected]

More pics available by email request.

See pics below.

thanks.

Attachments

• R700_VS_1.jpg
    R700_VS_1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 14
  • R700_VS_2.jpg
    R700_VS_2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 9
  • R700_VS_3.jpg