from New Zealand in MA for a while

foreign

hey everyone. im in manchester MA until the end of August. ust wondering if anyone would be keen to take me shooting or help me out with some infor on how to purchase a rifle or 2 to take home. thanks

not sure but i think you mean massachusits. if so youve picked a ridgid state as for gun laws.
it can be dangerous to even drive thru that state with guns in the car due to regulations.
each state could have different laws pertaining to the sale of firearms.
handguns are usually treated differently than long guns.
unless purchased privatly, there is paperwork on all gun sales even long guns.
i would visit a gun store and inquire as to how regulations would affect your desire to purchase.
i would also inquire there as to public shooting ranges where weapons are available for hourly rent.
i doubt many individuals will be raising their hand and offering to take a stranger out shooting.
we have a wild west reputation, but we have matured some with how we relate to guns.

Unfortunately this is December and you said you'd be here until the end of August. I f ya come back this way, look me up! I'm always up for shooting with people, including unkowns as they may show me a thing or two, and then again it might be versa-visa or whatever!

45-70

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.