deer hunting in vermont&new hampshire

Dskiper

Has anyone opinion on these states for hunting.Is there much open land(open to public) access.Iv'e read about N.H northern kingdom & border lands being good but its old info. anyone care to share on recent hunting and recommend areas?

Late to the party here but I want to get the Northeast more active here so I am going to respond to this 9 year old post. In NH the highest deer densities in the state are in the southern areas, closer to the CT river. Issue with these areas is that the land is mostly private. There is Pisgah State Park that is very large but most hunters in the area without access to private land use this park and its generally a fairly busy place with ATV's and motorbikes. In Vermont if you are looking for deer, the highest densities are going to be along the Connecticut River. But again, a lot of this land is private. This is a neat map that shows regions in New England and the harvest in those areas. My recommendation would be to find public land in the areas of high harvest (In VT some of the Green Mountain National Forest falls into the high harvest area over around Killington).

Here is the neat little map

Attachments

• 2018-NG-DeerGraphic-A.jpg
    2018-NG-DeerGraphic-A.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 120
I spent some time in the green mountains last year. Not a ton of deer but really diverse. Had moose, bear, deer, you name it on camera.

Definitely have to work for it up there