Friends of the NRA banquet

dog caller

I had to post this after reading the "Gun Contol" thread by bjlooper. I had the opportunity to attend the 15th annual Friends of the NRA banquet in Lubbock, TX last night (05-06-06). After reading bjloopers post and attending this banquet, I realized just how important the NRA actually is here in America. Sure, the banquet is just a fund-raiser similar to any RMEF or NWTF or DU you've ever been to. The difference is, without the NRA, those other organizations would be a moot point! If you ever get the opportunity to attend one of these, I highly recommend going. The atmosphere was electric, the food was great, the company was better and best of all there was a lot of $$$$$$ raised to defend our 2nd amendment right! Now for the dark side! I didn't win a single thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Oh well, it was a great experience and I am looking forward to going again next year.

dc

I just went to the NRA dinner last week in my home town. I got 9 of my buddies to join me and we had our own table. Together, we drank a few beers, laid down a few bucks and went home knowing that we all contributed to a good cause. Out of the 10 of us, noone won anything but we'll all be back next year again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Some of these guys are not NRA members, even though they should be. However, they were all willing to go to the dinner and part with some cash.

Moral to the story: Go to the Friends of the NRA Dinner and BRING ALL OF YOUR BUDDIES. The NRA needes our support!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts