Free bore measurement?

CBTO
Cartridge Base To Ogive
If you need more info send us a PM and I'll explain.
We can also make you a Modified Case for free. You just need to get the Modified Case Tool.
Thanks
Len & Jill
Coyote: wouldn't Freebore be measured as Case Base to Ogive (with bullet touching the lands) minus case length? My understanding is this would give the distance from end of the chamber to the lands, which I understand to be the Freebore.
(I'm seeking education.)

Last edited:
Coyote: wouldn't Freebore be Case Base to Ogive (CBTO) minus case length? My understanding is this would give the distance from end of the chamber to the lands, which I understand to be the Freebore.
(I'm seeking education.)
That is correct

IMO the only reason to concern your self with an actual freebore measurement is if you are ordering a custom reamer. If you are just having a barrel chambered your smith can cut the FB separately and basically just sneak up on it using a dummy road you load. It may be slightly beneficial to have it built into the reamer but with wait times for custom reamers being 6 months ish I'd opt to have it cut separate unless shooting F-class
Yep! It took about 4 months for both my wildcat reamers, but I was in no hurry.

Coyote: wouldn't Freebore be measured as Case Base to Ogive (with bullet touching the lands) minus case length? My understanding is this would give the distance from end of the chamber to the lands, which I understand to be the Freebore.
(I'm seeking education.)
Correct the CBTO helps you find where the lands start.