Franklin F17 L WSM

jweigel

I had posted this in the Varmint Thread but are hoping many of you target a few threads and might not have caught that. Just looking for a little more feedback if there is any out there. These darn new guns are expensive.

.....Curious if any of you have experience with either the original version Franklin Armory F17 from the 2014-18 period or there updated F17 that is available now? It is a lot of $$ and want to get feedback that accuracy (as best as can be expected from WSM ammo) and reliability are good.

Have been doing prairie dogs locally with an old 788 222. Great gun, great accuracy with 50g Blitzkings. But he 4 round mags and having to reload 100s of rounds often takes some of the fun out of it. No smooth follow up shot with the bolt....like you can with an auto.

We can typically limit shots to under 200 yards...so the WSM and an AR style 20 round mag intrigue me.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

jjw
ND

I had posted this in the Varmint Thread but are hoping many of you target a few threads and might not have caught that. Just looking for a little more feedback if there is any out there. These darn new guns are expensive.

.....Curious if any of you have experience with either the original version Franklin Armory F17 from the 2014-18 period or there updated F17 that is available now? It is a lot of $$ and want to get feedback that accuracy (as best as can be expected from WSM ammo) and reliability are good.

Have been doing prairie dogs locally with an old 788 222. Great gun, great accuracy with 50g Blitzkings. But he 4 round mags and having to reload 100s of rounds often takes some of the fun out of it. No smooth follow up shot with the bolt....like you can with an auto.

We can typically limit shots to under 200 yards...so the WSM and an AR style 20 round mag intrigue me.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

jjw
ND
I really don't have much info to offer pertaining to your choice of rifles but the .17 WSM is fantastic for varmint shooting. I am not a big fan of AR hunting rifles. Semi auto, yes.
I have a semi auto ordered, a Savage A17 Sporter .17 WSM and it will suffice as for my hunting. I do have two bolt action .17 hunting rifles. And I carried on the job for almost 30 years, a M16 and later, a M4. The AR platforms are good but just not my personal choice for hunting.

Recent Posts