Frangible 22 mag

aggie99

Can anyone recommend a highly frangible 22mag ammunition. I need to eliminate some crows and want to be sure that ricochets are not a problem. Thanks in advance.

try to find the .22 mag loaded with a (i believe but pretty sure) 32gr vmax. Remington and hornady market these. I've bought them at cabelas and Sportsman warehouse. They are produced by ATK/CCI/Speer, all the same company but since they are based in my home town that is how i known them. These rounds work well on ground squirrels too.

The Hornady Vmax load is awesome out of my gun. The CCI Vmax load shoots as good of groups except I get about double the flyers but even with the fliers sub 1" 10 shot groups are common at 100 yards.

Those little Vmax bullets just pop our feathered friends and turn them into a cloud of feathers and blood. I hit a magpie at just under 100 yards and he honestly exploded as if I had shot him with my 22-250. I think any of the vmax loads from any of the companies are exactly what you're looking for. My gun just likes Hornady and CCI the best.

Thanks everyone. It sounds like the v-max is the way to go. Now to start eliminating some crows.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.