fox pro caller/decoys??

mrbb

Ok I went out and bought a fox pro spitfire and there black jack decoy from cabela's

I get home only to learn they do not provide you witha cord to use the decoy with the remote on the caller

i contacted fox pro, and was told i have to go buy one from wal mart

seems kinda cheasy you buy there products and they don';t provide you with what you need to use it

next I get there decoy out and fire it up, MAN is it loud, it makes a very very loud electronic motor noise

so not real happy with it

going to try to cover the motor and base with pipe insulation to try to help cover up /insulate the noise

anyone else have one of these decoys and figured out a better way to make it more quiet

i wrote tfox pro, an e mail asking for help, but never got a reply back so???

my decoy, sorry its teh black jack model!
doesn't have a remote, uses the one with your caller, on assory button to activate it, once you get a cord to plug it in

I just felt like at 50 ucks it should have come with a cord, and or been told it needs to have one to use it, cabelas doesn't even have them to sell you to use it!!.

so?/

as for motor noise

I can hear it from 100+ ft away clear as a bell

my coyotes are sparped eared here and spook super easy

i am sure it can work ona hungry one, but I aklso fear the noie will also spook a lot as well!

NE PA, out side a few housing developments, and they come in suoper alert all the time, so a motor noise to me seems wrong and they will focus on that noise and it not being natural

thus my worries

I also am some what un happy fox pro doesn't give you the aproperate cord needed,and then telling me to go to wal mart, after dropping 250+ bucks on there products, driving a160+ miles to go get it, and then needing a part they didn't provide mewith to use it

and cabelas doesn't have the part either! so there sellling them with having all they need to be used too!

I am not bashing them , just saying would have been nice if it came with all thats really needed, and maybe the decoy was better/more qiuet, as we are using them to try to trick smart critters!!

an electronic motor sound out in the woods isn't natural!! as far as i am concerned

Just having it sit there works, the motion on the decoy is louder than I like as well but with the call going u don't hear it, I would be upset as well about the cord deal, that's not right!

just add an up date

I got teh corect cable(3.5mm cord0 to hook the caller to the decoy
and IT doesn't work

also, my caller again is new, never been outside of teh house
today when i got teh cord, the dam caller would work, remote kept freezing up, saying
turn caller on!
and it was, then no buttons on the remote would work
had to pull batteries to re start it

I am very disapointed now

i wrote fox pro, still waiting on a reply

this is teh second spitfire I have had issue's with now, one last yr,a dn then again I bought a new one this yr hoping it was going to be better

and now with this darn decoy not working still,

its ucks! need caller to work this weekend for a contest i am in!!

hope they resolve issue ion decoy, but don't trust caller now!!

went to local store looking at theer scoprion, and in teh store the darn remote would work that caller

is anyone lse having trouble with fox pro's remote's/caller
or am I just having dumb luck finding the bad one's??

Mine seems to be working fine so far; other than once in a while it stacks up the volume up/down signals and gos very high or very low. I am guessing it is just me and not the remote though. Hope you get your troubles worked out.

Foxpro has the best customer service in the business. If there's a problem with the unit, they'll take care of you. As to the cord, not everyone is using a cable. Using it remote with your caller is an oprion--not standard. The cables are available lots of places. (Radio shack, etc.) Good luck. Hope the bugs get resolved for you.

just for an update

yes theer service dept was great they shipped me a new caller and decoy that theyb tested

I wasn't loking to bash them at all, so hope no one took it that way
BUT I ws disapointed in they don't just provide a cable to the decoy, or give you one with the caller,
come on there needed to use it , and theer not costly

why make a guy have to go to a different company to get what they need to used theer products

and by the way, they SENT me a new cord with the new set up

so they have them
for 250 bucks thay should be able to give you a 2 dollar cord(walmart sells them to 2 bucks)

all the more so again for a needed item for there product to work with THERE remote, and caller

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.