Forster full length sizing die question

philipbrousseau

i want a forster type fl sizer for a 338 rum. need to know if i buy the 338 rum rcbs fl sizing die and forster 338 lapua de-prime spindel will they work together? the two cases are real close to the same length. thanks for any information on this.

I installed Forster expander and spindle assemblies on all my RCBS dies without problem.

Below on the left the standard RCBS expander raised as high as it will go. On the right the replacement Forster .223 expander for the RCBS die.

5kfnKwd.jpg

For those of you not familiar with the high mounted floating Forster expander it greatly reduces neck runout. The neck of the case is held and centered in the neck of the die when the expander enters the case neck. Meaning the expander can not pull the neck off center and induce neck runout.

Below a modified Forster expander and spindle assembly installed on a Redding .243 full length die. A rubber o-ring is installed under the lock ring to allow the expander to float and self center in the case neck.

kWbieba.jpg

Below images of the Forster benchrest full length die.

Y7Iyv8o.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts