Forester coax or MEC

Did you use the correct setting for the case? I have never had an issue with a case popping out of the shell holder with a lubed case in the die.

yes, 308 setting for my 30-06. And I lubed the neck albeit sparingly. My usual routine. I made another thread with a picture of the frame and jaws bent. From what it looks like the frame bent enough that the jaws got off axis slightly, and lost grip enough for the case to start slipping out.

You will need to replace that part for the press to work. There are heavier duty aftermarket parts too. You can't pull out a stuck case. Once the jaw holder is bent it's toast.If you forget to lube or not enough lube, don't force it. Use a small pocket screwdriver to open the jaws and lower the ram, pull the die and case out and use a stuck case remover. Link to heavy duty unit:

You will need to replace that part for the press to work. There are heavier duty aftermarket parts too. You can't pull out a stuck case. Once the jaw holder is bent it's toast.If you forget to lube or not enough lube, don't force it. Use a small pocket screwdriver to open the jaws and lower the ram, pull the die and case out and use a stuck case remover. Link to heavy duty unit:

Unfortunately both the jaw holder and the jaws themselves are bent. I'm thinking one of the screws holding it down popped off and allowed enough play to start bending the jaw holder and it all went downhill from there. Guess I'll be waiting for the Forster I have on backorder!

Update on the Frankford Arsenal M press:

sized the first case today and the shell holder assembly bent. It stripped the case head/rim and now the case is stuck in my die. It's being returned. I'm not too M-pressed to say the least!!
Don't feel bad, I did the same thing on my Forster CO-AX the very first time I used My Forster FLS die. "Dumb Moment," Not enough lube on the case!!!" I bent the case holder on my press also. Mike can be reached at [email protected] . I see (gruising) has already posted on his video, so I'll give you some real world pics on the latest mod he had out about 3 or 4 years ago that I have on my press from Mike. He may even have a newer design out today. This one has 4 springs riding on set screws so you can adjust the spring tension on all 4 points of the case holder. A must have Mod for when you get your Forster Co-Ax. It's a beast and you want have that problem again, or loose your springs, when you change your case holder around. Like I said, Don't feel bad,, with all the HYPE about certain presses including the Glorified Forster Co-ax, they break also,, if you don't lube your cases. LOL:)
One thing about Frank Fort Arsenal,, "any thing,,, tool for reloading." Their made and DESINGED for strictly the Novice Reloader. I say this because I have personally bought, and payed, for a many,, of their reloading tools coming up in my reloading career. Although the reviews are good on the M Press. I know the people that bought them are going to start running into problems down the road with them based on the Quality of materials used in the production of the press. Just like every tool I have bought from FA. Views will vary, and I'm certainly not dissing the people that own them. I still work my $37.00 Lee C-press from time to time,, ( It has it's place.) so to each his own. JM2C. Good Luck and keep us posted, I know it bites and I hate it for you.
Top pic, left side is Mikes Mod, The right side of the pic is the Original Forster part. Also notice the size difference.

ForsterCoAxModComparisonDale01.jpg
ForsterCoAxModComparisonDale02.jpg
ForsterCoAxModComparisonDale03.jpg

Don't feel bad, I did the same thing on my Forster CO-AX the very first time I used My Forster FLS die. "Dumb Moment," Not enough lube on the case!!!" I bent the case holder on my press also. Mike can be reached at [email protected] . I see (gruising) has already posted on his video, so I'll give you some real world pics on the latest mod he had out about 3 or 4 years ago that I have on my press from Mike. He may even have a newer design out today. This one has 4 springs riding on set screws so you can adjust the spring tension on all 4 points of the case holder. A must have Mod for when you get your Forster Co-Ax. It's a beast and you want have that problem again, or loose your springs, when you change your case holder around. Like I said, Don't feel bad,, with all the HYPE about certain presses including the Glorified Forster Co-ax, they break also,, if you don't lube your cases. LOL:)
One thing about Frank Fort Arsenal,, "any thing,,, tool for reloading." Their made and DESINGED for strictly the Novice Reloader. I say this because I have personally bought, and payed, for a many,, of their reloading tools coming up in my reloading career. Although the reviews are good on the M Press. I know the people that bought them are going to start running into problems down the road with them based on the Quality of materials used in the production of the press. Just like every tool I have bought from FA. Views will vary, and I'm certainly not dissing the people that own them. I still work my $37.00 Lee C-press from time to time,, ( It has it's place.) so to each his own. JM2C. Good Luck and keep us posted, I know it bites and I hate it for you.
Top pic, left side is Mikes Mod, The right side of the pic is the Original Forster part. Also notice the size difference.

View attachment 240494View attachment 240495View attachment 240497
Wow, those are some slick upgrades. Inwill definitely look into those when I eventually get a Forster. Indeed I could have used a little more lube in the neck. But I think it should not have broke with the amount of force I used. No harm, easily returned to midway nothing lost really.

Is the counter-bore on the top of the aftermarket shell plate holder big enough for the nose of the die body to enter? I can see it affecting the ability to FL size if it is not.

Is the counter-bore on the top of the aftermarket shell plate holder big enough for the nose of the die body to enter? I can see it affecting the ability to FL size if it is not.
No problems period. You will never notice a difference until you stick a case, and you don't bend the case holder when you pull it out. The case head will strip off the case first, before the case holder bends and gives way.
The counter bores are the same if I'm understanding you correctly. I can only speak up to 7mm win mag on my press and I have not had any problems period. Here is a pic with the 7mm win mag on my press and yes this is factory ammo in the pic. I'm just starting to help a buddy out with his rig and it will be educational for both of us. I've been waiting a long time to play with this beast, time permitting for both him, and I. I hope this helps you out. Good luck, and this mod is a win, win. The bottom pic shows the factory plate sitting on top of Mike's Mod,, to show the difference in size again.
ForsterCoAxModComparisonDale04.jpg
ForsterCoAxModComparisonDale05.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.