SOLD/EXPIRED For sale: bnib redding 338 edge dies 225$

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by pyroducksx3, Jun 20, 2015.

1. pyroducksx3

pyroducksx3 Well-Known Member

I bought these dies intending on building an edge but have decided to go 338 lapua improved, so I don't need these anymore. These are brand new never used dies ordered directly from redding. It's the full length sizing die with that uses neck bushings and competition seating die with micrometer seating. Also including a hornady modified case that I was going to expand. 225$

Attached Files:

2. paulatherton21

paulatherton21 Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Do u need bushings for the sizing die? Or can u use as is? I have a 338 edge but haven't got dies yet

3. K redden

K redden Well-Known Member

You will need a bushing. They aren't very expensive. I use a .364 bushing on nosler brass and it works good.

4. paulatherton21

paulatherton21 Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Ok cool I use nosler brass as well.... How do u determine which size bushing you need tho? Sorry I'm a rookie reloader... Also the 338 rum seating die will work for edge?

5. pyroducksx3

Yes the 338 rum will work for the edge. Redding doesn't manufacture a micrometer 338 edge seating die. The only difference between the 338 rum and edge is the neck is shorter on the 338 rum, since you are only seating bullets the are no issues. To determine what bushing you will need you will need to seat a bullet into the brass, this needs to be the bullet you intend to use. Next measure the outside diameter of the neck where the bullet is seated then minus .002 and that's the bushing you want. So for instance if you loaded a bullet and measured .366 you would then subtract .002 for proper neck tension and need a .364. ***I have no idea what neck bushing you will need, this is just an example***
    Also I have no bushings to include with dies. I would recommend the titanium nitrate ones though as these are what I use and I've never had a problem. I have had buddies use the cheaper ones and have had cases stick a little.

6. pyroducksx3

Still up for grabs.

7. pyroducksx3

Still up for grabs.

8. pyroducksx3

No better 338 edge dies

9. pyroducksx3

TtT

10. pyroducksx3

Let's sell these, brass is coming back for it.