For backcountry hunting are binoculars, monocular, or spotting scope better?

baranx4

I was wondering what you backpack hunters use. While a spotting scope is nice it gets heavy back country hunting.

I have a compact nikon spotter for just such occasions but since I switched to a 6-24x50 scope I do not cary it anymore. Binoculars are a must with or without a spotting scope.

That why i carry a pair of 15x56 swarovski binos with the 2X doubler's no spotter needed. just screw on the doubler's and you have 30X binos works for me.

That why i carry a pair of 15x56 swarovski binos with the 2X doubler's no spotter needed. just screw on the doubler's and you have 30X binos works for me.

The Swaro 15X56 Bino's are outstanding on their own without the doubler but I don't know what the weight difference is between them and a Spotting scope. The 2X doubler is a good option.

That why i carry a pair of 15x56 swarovski binos with the 2X doubler's no spotter needed. just s crew on the doubler's and you have 30X binos works for me.

What does a pair of them go for? And do I have to include my first born? Just looked it up 1500

I got a pair of 10x32 el, used for 1000, and I use the doubler, my LRR HAS 20X so I have if using my med range rifle. Pack a 10-20 small leo sometimes,horses pack 12-45 leo

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.