Spotting scope vs binoculars

Nice thing about good binos are, they have other uses besides hunting. I use mine to snoop on the neighbors and my spotter as well. Amazing what you can see (or don't want to see) out here in the country with binos or a spotter.

There is this cute brunette about a half mile down that likes to sun herself in the backyard in the buff... I won't go on except to say that as a dirty old man, I use both the spotter and the bino's for lots more than hunting game.....

Nice thing about good binos are, they have other uses besides hunting. I use mine to snoop on the neighbors and my spotter as well. Amazing what you can see (or don't want to see) out here in the country with binos or a spotter.

There is this cute brunette about a half mile down that likes to sun herself in the backyard in the buff... I won't go on except to say that as a dirty old man, I use both the spotter and the bino's for lots more than hunting game.....
What kind of tattoos does she have? Ha, Ha, Ha. Good luck hunting and spotting in 2018.

Nothing new about that, lots of high rise apartment dwellers in NYC and other places have very large optics to spy on their neibors.
I actually bought a set over 30 years ago from a guy who admitted that's what he did with them, when i asked why he owned them.

Start with good binos and a harness instead of a neck strap. then on your hunt live in that harness. Spotting scope is useful for judging trophy potential but a good set of binos will be used more.

^^^ +1. I would add that in my experience you can spend much more time behind a set of binos than a spotting scope without getting your eyes fatigued.

^^^ +1. I would add that in my experience you can spend much more time behind a set of binos than a spotting scope without getting your eyes fatigued.
Agreed there is no fatigue if you have a good glass, things are easier to locate also. Elkeater was right also, the strap will work on the back of your neck after a while, the larger the glass, the more it will bother you, you can help it a little if you make sure the strap is up over and around a shirt or coat collar. Good luck hunting and shooting in 2018.

Agreed there is no fatigue if you have a good glass, things are easier to locate also. Elkeater was right also, the strap will work on the back of your neck after a while, the larger the glass, the more it will bother you, you can help it a little if you make sure the strap is up over and around a shirt or coat collar. Good luck hunting and shooting in 2018.

The bino-harness is painless all day long.

A bino harness is important if your hiking around A lot. If not for your neck just to keep them from bouncing around all day. I have the S4 Gear one and like it but have heard good things about the badlands and kuiu harnesses.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.