Folsom range

CA30-06

Does anybody have any experience shooting at the Sac valley shooting center? I have checked out the web site and cant find anything about what is needed to shoot. I see they have ranges over 200yd which is why I'm looking into them. The club i belong to only has a 200yd and I wanted to find out, if any one knows, how someone would go about shooting there at the long ranges with out becoming a member. Not that it would be a bad thing, its just to far from home to head up during the week.

There is a 300 yard range that (I think) is open to the public. If you want to shoot the 1000 range (with shooting positions at 200, 300, 500, 600, 800, 900 and 1000, anda set of barricades at 425), the best way is to shoot at a practice day or a match with either the tactical guys or the F-Class/highpower guys. There is usually something going on both days the first 2 weekends of the month. The first Sat of the month is usually a practice day with the tactical guys; each relay shoots about 10 minutes at each distance, you take turns pulling targets. More info at the NCPPRC forum. Both the Tactical and F-Class/highpower guys are friendly groups and very welcoming of newcomers.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.