long range

Jeff,
thanks for letting me shoot the moose first before you decided you wanted to shoot a few times before you hit it. I am glad you made it over it was nice meeting you and Diane, hope you guys had a good anniversary. hope the waiver works out for you like you hope. I will be doing some rethinking of how to run the next match to help make things run smoother and keep barrels cooler. hope to see you at some future events.

Caleb

Congratulations to the Defensive Edge team. It looks like Ken took home 1st place and Bill tied for second. Brad really did great also. Who was spotting and what guns were you guys shooting?

here are some more photos for everyone to look at and remind them of the shoot. i already cant wait to do another one and get you guys back and see how challenging it can be.
DSCN0261.jpg

only three hits on the steel of the moose, must have been some wind out there
DSCN0317.jpg

see the lady below in the camo jacket looking like she is freezing? she was there at this shoot calling distances out to her husband during the shoot on their anniversary.

good work jeff and diane

there was a suggestion of a jack and jill shoot, what do you think?
S5000192.jpg

Congratulations to the Defensive Edge team. It looks like Ken took home 1st place and Bill tied for second. Brad really did great also. Who was spotting and what guns were you guys shooting?

Congratulations again Team Defensive Edge.

1st Ken Way Shooter Bill Tincup Caller

2nd Bill Tincup Shooter Brad Davis Caller

3rd Brad Davis Shooter Bill Tincup Caller

Thanks Shawn, for the great instruction and the First Class Rifles you build

Hopefully placing my order soon

Southpaw

see the lady below in the camo jacket looking like she is freezing? she was there at this shoot calling distances out to her husband during the shoot on their anniversary.

good work jeff and diane

there was a suggestion of a jack and jill shoot, what do you think?
S5000192.jpg

LOL, I should have been calling shots for her. She took her elk last season with the Lapua at 816 yards... One and done!!

Definatly a memorable 34th aniversery for both of us. Ya gotta love the country girls. I got a keeper!!lightbulb

Thanks again Cabeb you put on a first class shoot.

Jeff

Educ8r, I see you posted this here as well. i responded in the long range competition section. It was a great shoot and wish you could have made it. next year for sure!

southpaw,

i also wish you could have made it. it was a great day of some challenging shooting! We got to meet several of the forum members, and the whole shoot went without any hick ups. you need to get that order in soon, so next year when you come up to shoot in this match, you will have your new (what is it LRKM or canyon rifle)?

there were several ties in the end, so there were a couple of 2nd and 3rd place finishers, but it was getting late so we were all ok with just keeping that way.

congratulations to BROZ, Tim, and all the guys that shot well and also placed in the top few.

there are two threads regarding this shoot and i dont want to beat it to death, but i really do want to commend caleb and his shooting partner. they really put this thing together well.

Bill

Thanks for putting on this event Calib. You put in a lot of work and hours, and your family members also.

Broz, thank you for helping me with the spotting. It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. Congratulations on the fine shooting.

Lamiglas: I didn't get to tell you that I have a bunch of Lamiglas blanks and built my own rods. That's why I asked about your name. It was nice meeting you.

The shooting skills and equipment displayed were awesome. Everyone there was outstanding.

El si, I wish we would have had more time to talk! I would like to hear what type of rods your building (sturgeon, steelhead, salmon etc.) Pm me when u get a chance. Anyway, it was really cool getting to meet you and some of the other lrh members. Lets make this shoot an annual lrh rendevous! By the way, nice shot on the moose!

i didn't know there were so many people at the shoot from long range hunter. Maybe next year there will be more guys from here to meet up with and shoot against.

thanks to everyone for their great comments about the sportsman's challenge. i know i could not have done it with out my friends and family, but i also wouldn't have had a shoot with out all of you shooters. i had a great time watching, spotting, scoring the shooting and being able to bs some of you guys. next time i would like to be able to spend more time talking and meeting folks then sitting behind the spotting scope.

lamiglas,
do you do much fishing at all?

el si,
whats your name so i know who i am talking to or hearing from?

i have talked to a few shooters and am thinking i may keep this last match annual or possibly bi annual so that we dont play it out to much and participation runs thin, but have it twice a year so people can look at their improvement since that last challenge.

i will have some other events through out the year like maybe some small game shoots, big game shoots, maybe an extreme or longer range shoot. you guys know what is sought after in the shooting world and i want to try to cater to some of those ideas along with others.

i will be talking to scott at miller ranch here real soon and seeing what kind of room i have to play with, what kinds of changes or improvements to the range i am allowed to make and other issues. the things i like about the match's being there at miller ranch is that we have the club house to use for pre and post match, good amount of parking, decent access to the firing area, contour in the terrain the lodging possibilities which i will see what we may be able to work out maybe a smaller fee for the lodges.

hope this post gives you guys a small picture of what i would like to do in the future. if you guys have ideas or suggestions by all means pass them on to me.

thanks,
caleb

Caleb, I do fish quite alot. This time of year we hit the sturgeon pretty hard and in the evenings, we hit the local lakes for pan fish. You?

I have been down fishing for salmon on the snake river. I have some sturgeon gear and would like to go after on this year I just never done forum specifically. do you guys fish and idaho or washington?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.