Washington Shooting Range

Silversbullet

I am looking for a long range shooting range in Washington...I want it to at least go out to 1000 yards...

can someone help me out thanks a lot!!

where at in Washinton?
the mica range has steel out to 1000 yds. its in the spokane area.

There's some great info at the Washington State Rifle and Pistol Association web site: WA STATE RIFLE & PISTOL ASSOC

But, 1,000 yard ranges aren't common.

We used to be able to use the 1,000 yard range at Fort Lewis - not open to the public now unless things have changed.

Rattlesnake, down near Tri-Cities has a terrific 1,000 yard range. Be prepared for wind... That's an understatement.

I hear the Chelan range has 1,000 yard capability, but haven't shot there myself.

The North Central Washington Gun Club, Wenatchee, has a 600 yard line, with steel silhouettes sometimes avail for shooting out beyond 1,000 yards. NCWGC - Main

1,000 yard ranges aren't common...

Guy

UNSC hasn't had 1k for several years - I believe the neighbors sold their gravel pit to some developers, so the 'firing' line had to be moved back onto the club property - making it a 500yd club, not 1k.

NCWGC has 600yds, officially. There's been a fair amount of shooting off the property at steel targets in the neighbor's pasture (with permission) but in light of changing times and such thats being officially curtailed as well. Too much liability.

Which leaves Rattlesnake (TRI-CITIES SHOOTING ASSOCIATION (TCSA)) the only facility in the state with legitimate 1000yd range, proper back stops, etc. If there's a range @ Chelan w/ 1k, they ain't advertising it much.

Other than that, you're stuck looking for an isolated stretch of public land, or sucking up to a private land owner.

UNSC hasn't had 1k for several years - I believe the neighbors sold their gravel pit to some developers, so the 'firing' line had to be moved back onto the club property - making it a 500yd club, not 1k.

Thank you. I wasn't aware they didn't have the 1k range anymore. I've never been there myself. I had just heard about it. I guess I won't waste the gas to get there.

Thanks guys...dang it that is a ways from me. I Have been looking around forest but you know washington! It is going to have to be from mountain top to mountain top lol!

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.