FL Sizing the Eric C Way?

I've learned it takes special tools to break down the bolt group. I've spent roughly $80 so far. If all goes well, it's worth it.
I hope so I hate the thought of breaking down my bolt since I just got mine built and haven't even shot a round out of it yet

I started headspacing off the shoulder on belted magnums due to case stretching, The die I was using at the time pushed the shoulder back .020"(way too much), I usually push it back about .003" now. In between that and using a Innovative body die case life and accuracy improved and no bolt closing issues.

You are on the right track. I reach inside the ejection port and hook the case in the extractor and close the bolt.

I neck size and shoot until the bolt has pressure on close. Then the case is fully expanded to the chamber shoulder dimension. At that point, measure the shoulder and start setting it back with a full length die.
I use a Lee turret press and leave my dies set up in their own turret once finalized.
Just my path that works for me until I learn something better.

Just to clarify a bit, once my full length die is set for that chamber, I may never use the neck die again.
Subsequent once fired brass that may not be fully formed to the chamber will not touch the shoulder inside the full length die yet. Just keep shooting it, when the shoulder reaches the die shoulder, it will take over and push back the 1.5 thousandths or wherever you have set your final shoulder size.

More than one way to skin a cat. Cat objects to all of them. Desired result is minimize overworking your brass, find your chamber length and only resize just enough.