.340 Weatherby on the way!

Sako7STW

So I just got me a .340 Weatherby Mark V Alaskan on the way. It has a 26" barrel plus a KDF Muzzle brake. I am going to restock it with a laminated thumbhole stock like those from Stockys. Anyways, I am looking for load suggestions for the new beast and if anyone has any stuff sitting around for one, let me know if ya wanna part with it.

Thanks

I have a 340 mark V with the factory brake. I put a HS Presision stock on it. The most acurate load I have is with barnes 210 grn ttsx and imr 4831. I have tried and tried to make the berger 250 otm work with no luck. The cutting edges show promise but I have not tested them very much yet, waiting for better weather to shoot longer range. If you find out how to get the bergers to shoot with the weatherby free bore please let me know. All of the solid type bulets I have tried seem to work well.

Why shoot the Bergers anyway? I would wait till Nosler comes out with their new long rang accubond. Supposed to be much more forgiving with factory twist barrels. Might want to look at GS Custom bullets as well. While I am at it....the Barnes LRX???

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.