First long range build - Please Advise

Berzurker

First Long Range Build Found Here
28 nosler build.png

This will be my first long range hunting / steel banging build.
The primary purpose is elk/mule deer hunting in Co.

Some details that I am fuzzy on:

1. Will the 28 nosler w/ 195 bergers fit in a standard long action and standard long action AICS/AW mags or will I need a Wyatt's box?

2. Would the 7mm/300 make more sense than the 28 nosler from a reloading standpoint?

3. Are there any components of the build that would would steer me away from?

4. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks guys and gals,

I really appreciate your feedback. gun)

1. Will the 28 nosler w/ 195 bergers fit in a standard long action and standard long action AICS/AW mags or will I need a Wyatt's box?

Yes, it will but you may want that extra space to chase lands, up to you.

2. Would the 7mm/300 make more sense than the 28 nosler from a reloading standpoint?

Yes, but when did sense have anything to do with a LR rig :)

3. Are there any components of the build that would would steer me away from?

I am not familiar with the optic but have recently read a little bit on them, you may want to consider a brake or at least threading the barrel for a future suppressor. The brake will help you keep targets in your sight window.

4. Do you have any other suggestions?

You may want to figure in a few more bucks on gunsmith, I just built a 30 nosler and there was always another thing...

Thanks guys and gals,

I really appreciate your feedback. gun)[/QUOTE]

I would skip the IOR scope, they have a poor track record of reliability and customer service. I like the rest of the build ! Keep in mind that the 195's are awesome, but you don't need them to have a nice 7mm.

I would build it to use the 195's, that way you can use other bullets if you decide to . If you use a slow twist , you will eliminate the use of heavy bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts