First Home Made Stock.

Centre Punch

Hi Guys,
Here are some pics of our friend Brit's new stock which he asked me to post for him.

The stock was developed and manufactured by Brit and another one of our shooting buddies who is involved in the composites moulding industry.

Pillar bedded into it is a Rem. 700 VS L/H in 308 with a factory tube, although the barrel channel will accept barrels up to No 9 contour.
The scope is Brits new 8.5-25x50 Leuppy with the varmint/hunter reticle, nestling in Warne mounts and rings (to be upgraded after the fitting of a stainless fluted barrel).
293239.JPG

293240.JPG

293245.JPG

The paint finish is an interim measure which will be flatted back and the stock will "dipped" for a gloss carbon fibre effect.

293248.JPG

This is the first group after initial sighting in.

Ian.

IAN
It was kind of you to have named me in the manufacture and design of my new stock. Unfortunately i was merely an interested observer doing thr menial tasks as they were required. The true artisan was my friend Robert Mathews,who incidently did the bedding and machined and fitted the three stainless swivel studs.I would love to claim this stock as my baby but i could not without blushing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Brit,
Regardless of whose inspiration and talents resulted in that stock - it looks great. Always wanted to try finger grooves, those look about right for a big hand. Nice job, the proof is in the accuracy of the finished rifle.
ian

BARRELEDACTION

As this is my buddys first attempt at stock making he thought he would make the first mould something of a personal nature. He therefore used his own hand to make the pistol grip a perfect fit.I realise this would be no use on a mass production stock but on the first R+D model he thought "why not".
I will say that when shooting from the bench it was very comfortable and resulted in a very consistent hold.
The next mould will be of a more conventional design.

BRIT.

IAN M
Thank you for the compliments.

The guy who designed the stock has real big stranglers hands and as i am 6`3" and 260lbs his grip size suited me well.
The group sizes are certainly nothing to write home about but for a factory action and tube i think they are pretty sound.The main point is that they are consistent and repeatable and this was not always the case with the factory VS stock.
Now if i can only get rid of that awfull colour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
PS
Note we can still spell colour correctly over here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
BRIT.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.