First experience using nightforce program

bigbuck

I wanted to share with you guys my first experience using the nightforce softwatre for my pocket pc. I recently purchased a kestrel 3500 nv . so I could enter the exact conditions, now I had know Ideah of how well it would or would not work I've read good /bad reports on it in the past, anyway all I can get as far as long range right now is 385 yrds not really long range but I hope it's far enough to make it or break it, I made a target by drawing a 3.5 inch circle and filling it in with a red marker I then drove out to 385 yrds set up on the hood of my truck with sand bags entered everything in the dell using my kestrel meter I had know wind at all at the gun, looked like know wind at the target so I sent one shot down range. I couldn't see any bullet hole on the target so I decided to drive down and take a closer look. I had hit inside of the circle but a little right elevation was dead on :) As for my first experience I think everything went well now I'm going to try to find a place to shot some rocks at 800 to 1000 who knows maybe I'll have another good experience.. Thanks for reading.

Bigbuck

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.