First coues deer.

Very nice , and the part where you took off jogging to get in A better spot , brings back memories of some of my past elk hunts!
Fun stuff.

One of the best, if not the best venison there is. I've tried elk, mule deer, northern and texas whitetail, and antelope, and there is nothing like coues deer meat. Unfortunately it doesn't have much, but dang it is good. Some steaks grilled with mesquite wood at really high heat, rare to medium rare, oh boy! Or in a very hot skillet with olive oil. I'm hungry again LOL

One of the best, if not the best venison there is. I've tried elk, mule deer, northern and texas whitetail, and antelope, and there is nothing like coues deer meat. Unfortunately it doesn't have much, but dang it is good. Some steaks grilled with mesquite wood at really high heat, rare to medium rare, oh boy! Or in a very hot skillet with olive oil. I'm hungry again LOL
Tenderloin didn't make it past lunch.

Just finally finished uploading the shot video. Fast forward to 45seconds if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

Posted this by mistake in another thread, but here it is.

I have a recipe for a snack that my cousin made up. "Carne Apache" = "Apache Meat"

You can use meat from any of the rounds. Cut it in to pieces/strips the size of half your little finger, then put them in a bowl and cover them in fresh squeezed lime juice for about 3 hours, turning the meat every half hour or so. (Dont use bottled lime juice, and the lime juice cooks the meat, no heat involved) After the 3 or 4 hours, you drain the lime juice, then cover the meat again with half soy sauce and half worstershire sauce, some ground black pepper, and add some of your favorite hot sauce, mix well and refrigerate for an hour or so.

Eat on top of saltines or tortilla chips, pair it with your favorite beer/wine of course.

I eat a lot of raw deer meat, i cut some up before cooking a dish or grilling it, just as a snack, or sometimes like sashimi. If you haven't tried it? I don't know what you are waiting for

Posted this by mistake in another thread, but here it is.

I have a recipe for a snack that my cousin made up. "Carne Apache" = "Apache Meat"

You can use meat from any of the rounds. Cut it in to pieces/strips the size of half your little finger, then put them in a bowl and cover them in fresh squeezed lime juice for about 3 hours, turning the meat every half hour or so. (Dont use bottled lime juice, and the lime juice cooks the meat, no heat involved) After the 3 or 4 hours, you drain the lime juice, then cover the meat again with half soy sauce and half worstershire sauce, some ground black pepper, and add some of your favorite hot sauce, mix well and refrigerate for an hour or so.

Eat on top of saltines or tortilla chips, pair it with your favorite beer/wine of course.

I eat a lot of raw deer meat, i cut some up before cooking a dish or grilling it, just as a snack, or sometimes like sashimi. If you haven't tried it? I don't know what you are waiting for
I'm trying this!