fired first ever handload today!

emmagator

Well i reloaded my first rounds ever. Took them out for a spin today, they shot good groups at a 100yrds, i was very happy. Feels good seeing results of your work.

270wsm
150gr berger loaded with 56grs and 58grs of RL19, fed 215 primers. I think im going to bump it up to 60grs after reading some info on berger reload data. Id like to get to 3000fps:D

I load for the same cartridge.
I've found better accuracy with RL-22 over 19, and have not been able to get the bergers to shoot worth a **** in my gun.
I shoot a 140 gr Accubond on top of 63 gr of RL22 @ 3100 FPS with a short 22" barrel just for reference.

If you have a longer barrel (28") you should be able to get 3200 + if you lean on it.

I load for the same cartridge.
I've found better accuracy with RL-22 over 19, and have not been able to get the bergers to shoot worth a **** in my gun.
I shoot a 140 gr Accubond on top of 63 gr of RL22 @ 3100 FPS with a short 22" barrel just for reference.

If you have a longer barrel (28") you should be able to get 3200 + if you lean on it.
Im using rl19 because i have a bunch of it. I was delightfully surprised by my initial groups more than i can ask for right now. Do you think i can go higher than 60gr with the rl19? I read a older post directly from berger stating that 60 was max with rl19. I know today with 58gr no pressure issues running about 2700fps. So i figure 60gr will get me about there on speed, just have to see accuracy.

I want to say I ran up to 61 or 62 gr with no obvious pressure signs when I was trying 19, but don't quote me on that.
Just work your way up carefully, I would go in no more than 0.5 gr increments when you start getting up towards max load.

You should have quite a ways to go before you start seeing pressure signs if you're only getting 2700 FPS.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.