Finally!!! Scirocco II

Fotis

I guess Swift jumped on the bandwagon and began making some REAL premium bullets. Their 1st attempt, in my opinion, was not that fruitful. I shot a couple of antelope with my 300 RUM and the 180 Scirocco at 3250 fps. Even at 350 yds velocity impact the bullets did not hold together that well. Forget about elk at 100 or less! Now they came out with the scirocco II and this bullet is much more stout (even though initiating of expansion velocities are at 1700 fps). Additionally it was redesigned for greater accuracy! We will see. However the 180 gr 30 cal bullet at 3300 fps impact looks great!!!!!

Pop, have you loaded them and shot them yet? Any bullet tests? Was the load data the same as they claim it is? Thanks

Not yet but I will!. So far i have messed a lot with the older oned. Huge pancake/lack of penetration problems back then.

Not yet but I will!. So far I have messed a lot with the older ones. Huge pancake/lack of penetration problems back then.

[ QUOTE ]
I guess Swift jumped on the bandwagon and began making some REAL premium bullets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming you're not talking about the Aframe since it is one of the best premies on the market. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think the Scirocco has been a hit or miss bullet on performance, kind of like the btip. I personally haven't had a problem with them at all but I've not dumped more than a handfull of game with them either.

I'm wondering if Swift will exchange some of my unopened boxes of their Scirocco for some of the new "advanced" ones.

No sir! Th A-frames rock. I was referring to the original Scirocco design.....AKA Aunt Jemima Pancake at high speeds!

My post should have read..... Finally the Scirocco is up to par. my bad!

I also heard all of the hype about that too but I never saw this problem. My bear, shot at ~ 8 yards took the 180 Scirocco through both shoulders and blew into the ground from a 30.06. Several deer taken, all pass throughs. Oh well, I'm sure it is as controversial as the Btip.

How long have these SciroccoII bullets been out? A year, not out yet, less than a year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
How long have these SciroccoII bullets been out? A year, not out yet, less than a year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They told me that some of them have been out for a year. Look on the bottom of a box by the 3 digit lot number. If there is an asterisk (*) by the number, they are Scirocco II.

They must be SCIROCCO II bullets that I have. The boxes have that asterisk after the lot number on the bottom of the boxes. Thanks!

Maybe that explains why my Scirocco blew right through the bear's shoulders in Alberta at such a short range.

They sound good to me. I would guess as good as Noslers with out a partition. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Just spoke with Swift again today. They stated that they get quite the number of emails every day that desribe the Scriocco as "not doing it's job well" or similar. They have the same reply: The scirocco is intended for LONG RANGE hunting and NOT close up shots, hence the "pancake" bullet at close range.

They also told me that the jacket is indeed an ALLOY, but as close to pure copper as you can get. And also, they stated that "THEY SHOULD NOT FOUL AT ALL, OR IT SHOULD FOUL VERY MINIMALLY."

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.