Finally!! Magpul Hunter 110 Stock-Savage 110 Short Action

COBigJohn

Yeh... finally. About the hour Magul listed this stock on their website, I tried to order it. Yeh.... that was two years ago. I even email Magpul twice, asking about availability and they would reply.... have no idea. (I suppose that's what companies have to deal with these days regarding supply chain over the pond.) Low and behold, I jump onto Optics Planet and they finally show it in stock last night. I promptly order it in Olive Drab, because that is the color that will best match the camo Burris optic I have for the gun.

Oh yeah... the gun.... It is a Savage model 110, 6.5 PRC short action. I just haven't been able to get it to shoot any better then 1.2" at 100 yards with the cheap Tupper Ware it has now. So I really hope this stock will improve the accuracy.

I have this same stock on a Ruger American in .308 and it is a tack driver.

1678636387275.png

Yeh... finally. About the hour Magul listed this stock on their website, I tried to order it. Yeh.... that was two years ago. I even email Magpul twice, asking about availability and they would reply.... have no idea. (I suppose that's what companies have to deal with these days regarding supply chain over the pond.) Low and behold, I jump onto Optics Planet and they finally show it in stock last night. I promptly order it in Olive Drab, because that is the color that will best match the camo Burris optic I have for the gun.

Oh yeah... the gun.... It is a Savage model 110, 6.5 PRC short action. I just haven't been able to get it to shoot any better then 1.2" at 100 yards with the cheap Tupper Ware it has now. So I really hope this stock will improve the accuracy.

I have this same stock on a Ruger American in .308 and it is a tack driver.

View attachment 446470
Opticsplanet???

Optics planet in-stock is not the same as anyone else's in-stock. They suck.
Yep... you were right... I waited until tonight to have some sort of order fulfillment and didn't happen, so I cancelled the order.

I jumped on to Midway USA, paid $20 extra bucks and the stock will be here on Friday.

Also, I got the exact color I wanted as well..... Giddy Up!

I have a factory 700 with the magpul hunter. I've signed it in but that's it. Y'all really like those stocks?

I have a factory 700 with the magpul hunter. I've signed it in but that's it. Y'all really like those stocks?

I learned about this stock, after I purchased the Ruger American in a .308. Kinda funny that Magpul calls it the "Hunter" as it looks tactical and it performs nicely on the bench.

1679105304308.png

This one just arrived this afternoon and I mounted it up on my Savage 100 Short Action in 6.5 PRC. I can't wait to get it to the Range.

I am a big man, 6'4", and I love I can add spacers to the stock to lengthen it, for a custom fit for me.

I am fortunate that the 6.5 PRC rounds fit in the .308 mags (4 rounds of PRC, 5 rounds of .308), as Magpul doesn't make a 6.5 PRC magazine.

1679105426080.png

Last edited:
This one just arrived this afternoon and I mounted it up on my Savage 100 Short Action in 6.5 PRC. I can't wait to get it to the Range.

I am a big man, 6'4", and I love I can add spacers to the stock to lengthen it, for a custom fit for me.

I am fortunate that the 6.5 PRC rounds fit in the .308 mags (4 rounds of PRC, 5 rounds of .308), as Magpul doesn't make a 6.5 PRC magazine.

View attachment 448302
Looks great all put together.

A couple Questions?
1. How are you planning on removing the bolt from the action when cleaning, etc? The standard bottom bolt release actions have the buttons on the front of the trigger guard but that is eliminated to accommodate the dbm setup. I just talked to Magpul about this 20 minutes ago and they said you'd need some sort of tool to to stick in there somewhere to release the lever? So basically they didn't accommodate for the bolt release, which explains why the Magpul Hunter series rifles from Savage come with a top bolt release action I guess.
2. Was your factory stock a "accustock"? Guess I'm trying to see is if your barreled action has the Savage "acculug" or just a standard lug? Reason I ask is J&A outdoors listing for this stock states you need an "acculug" for a proper fit, although Magpul or no other site states this. When I was just on the phone with Magpul they said it wasn't necessary, but I'm trying to confirm that with real life users.

Got some Cabela's gift card $ burning a hole in my pocket- they have these on sale (complete 110 action with magpul stock) for $800. Better off just spending the extra $200 for a Bergara HMR though?

Optics Planet "IN STOCK" means didley squat. You will see it after Magpul gets it in stock and your order comes up to send out. Optics planet is an office that just uses computers to "broker" direct from manufacturers and they are now the middle man and final income collector.