SAVAGE 110 ULTRALITE WITH A PROOF RESEARCH BARREL

Proof does sell a sendero savage prefit in a couple different lengths, but they start at like $830 on sale. Little rich for my blood

That's one of the reasons I'll emd up buying one of these. Regular price on the proofs is like 900-950... Street price on the complete rifle is 1150-1250

Yeah its a great action/great barrel/triggers not for me prefer rifle basix, and another savage accustock :( shame they left the bedding block out to save a little weight, shame it looks like it does, but nothing a good replacement won't fix. I'm patient may just wait for them to start showing up down the road in classifieds. Thanks for info gentleman.......

I've now owned mine in 300wsm for about 6 months. I have a variety of rifles--(Weatherby Mk V's, Weatherby Vanguard, a Blaser in 300 wby, a Montana in 300 win mag, a 7-300wsm custom , and several Ruger #1's)---Before the Savage, I've been rotating these depending on the game, range, etc. This gun has totally changed my style--I went to mu custom Ruger #1 once for old times sake, but no more. You can grouse all you want about stock flex, bedding, etc---but the package works--Like a well Balanced race car or fighter plane. I tried 200 gr Fed Ascent ammo--it shoots 1/2" or better, and for most hunts thats more than adequate. I did put a "Little Bastard" brake on it with good glass, but with all that, I have less than 1/2 of what I could have in a comparable custom. Better than that----IT WORKS.

I've now owned mine in 300wsm for about 6 months. I have a variety of rifles--(Weatherby Mk V's, Weatherby Vanguard, a Blaser in 300 wby, a Montana in 300 win mag, a 7-300wsm custom , and several Ruger #1's)---Before the Savage, I've been rotating these depending on the game, range, etc. This gun has totally changed my style--I went to mu custom Ruger #1 once for old times sake, but no more. You can grouse all you want about stock flex, bedding, etc---but the package works--Like a well Balanced race car or fighter plane. I tried 200 gr Fed Ascent ammo--it shoots 1/2" or better, and for most hunts thats more than adequate. I did put a "Little Bastard" brake on it with good glass, but with all that, I have less than 1/2 of what I could have in a comparable custom. Better than that----IT WORKS.
It's going to be my next rifle purchase in 300wsm. If it works out well I'll get the 6.5 PRC next. Like you, I have many rifles that I use all the time. This will be my first CF barrel but not my first savage. I have a .204, HMR and a sweet 243AI on a savage that shoots lights out. Looking forward to the 300wsm for elk next fall. The 6.5 PRC will be for antelope and whitetail next season.. Lots of load development and shooting between now and then.

@VLD Pilot
The stocks on the ultralite are not the standard accufit stocks. From what I've been able to tell, they don't have the accustock type aluminum bedding block, but I think they do have pillars. They also seem to have a plastic dbm like what the axis use.

Not sure on any other differences though.

I would guess that it has about 10ci of aluminum in the typical stock so taking that out would reduce weight by about 1lb
They do not have the bedding block. I owned one in 28 Nosler.

My detailed review here with measurements and pictures:

Never fired the rifle and sold it. I couldn't stand the cheap stock.

Never fired the rifle and sold it. I couldn't stand the cheap stock.
Thats always been my position on the ultralight 110, you have to go in it planning to replace the stock with a lot of shooters. For me that would increase weight a little perhaps, but it would give me the look and feel stock I want to go with the rest of the gun.

I held one at bass pro. It wasn't as flimsy as I expected but wasn't great. And you're right, once you stiffen up the stock you're getting into ridgeline weight and price territory. If I came across one under a grand though, I'd be tempted.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.