Finalized 28 Nosler Load 195 N570

Mram10us

I've been very happy with N570 for my 300 rums and now the 28 Nosler. I finalized the load on a front rest and heavy rear bag, then threw on the Harris with spikes and sent these down range. I wanted to show the whole session rather than a couple groups to show adjustments, etc.

At 500yds, i shot 3 shots at the top left (marked 1st 3 shots). Turned out to be .3 mil low, but lucked into a 1.48" group. Let it cool for 15 minutes. Brought it up .2mil and those two were 2.94" apart just above. Cooled again for 15 minutes. Brought it up another .2mil and shot two shots at #2 sticker. Let cool one last time for 30 minutes to make sure it was close to cold bore and sent the last 3 shots measuring 1.85". I am happy as a clam with this off a bipod and bag. Point is, give N570 a try if you aren't thrilled with your other loads. Remember the 28 needs cleaned well very often. Ryan Pierce brought this up and it has shown on my targets.

1564C893-480A-4719-9E72-DF3E42C709B2.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought some N565 and N570 a couple months age due to the Hodgdon shortages (Retumbo, H1000). Very pleased with both. Very clean, very consistent. Unfortunately, the slow Viht powders have become scarce now too :(

Rifle setup:
rem 700 action
wilson arms #5 fluted barrel
rem trigger with spring upgrade
manners eh5 gap camo
vortex 6-24x50 hst
harris 9-13s with spikes
Built by the top garage gun builder in the universe :)

I've been very happy with N570 for my 300 rums and now the 28 Nosler. I finalized the load on a front rest and heavy rear bag, then threw on the Harris with spikes and sent these down range. I wanted to show the whole session rather than a couple groups to show adjustments, etc.

At 500yds, i shot 3 shots at the top left (marked 1st 3 shots). Turned out to be .3 mil low, but lucked into a 1.48" group. Let it cool for 15 minutes. Brought it up .2mil and those two were 2.94" apart just above. Cooled again for 15 minutes. Brought it up another .2mil and shot two shots at #2 sticker. Let cool one last time for 30 minutes to make sure it was close to cold bore and sent the last 3 shots measuring 1.85". I am happy as a clam with this off a bipod and bag. Point is, give N570 a try if you aren't thrilled with your other loads. Remember the 28 needs cleaned well very often. Ryan Pierce brought this up and it has shown on my targets.

View attachment 178526
Nice shooting and nice load! Quick question, what kind of target are you shooting. Doesn't look like paper by how those bullet holes look?

View attachment 178526
Terrific!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.