Film: Basic marksmanship w bipod

Roe

Went back to basics in this film. As this IS the LR hunting forum, I reckon a few of you guys would find this interesting.

The film highlights a couple of points that are often missed when shooting with a bipod.

The film contains prone shooting and improvised positions applicable to LR hunting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzxax7efOMc]Longrange blog 31: Back to basic - YouTube[/ame]

Roe

Use DURA-HEAT on your suppressor not DURA-COAT. DURA-HEAT is designed for things like machine gun barrels.

Actually, I had a typo. That is Duraheat on the suppressor/ moderator. It is warm enough to burn flesh and put up a cloud of steam if I dip it in the wet heather. The rest of the rifle is Duracoat.

A moderator reduces the recoil A LOT as well as removing a lot of noise. The practical effect of this is that I usually get 2 or 3 chances for a shot when hunting as the deer stays calmer and a little confused when they don't get the direction of the shot.

What action is that? Maybe I just couldn't tell in the video but I looked like you just pulled straight back when working the bolt. I think I like it :)

That is the Blaser R93. It is indeed a straightpull, a very fast action to use.
I believe there's 2 million R93 rifles sold now.

Excellent, I like it.

Thanks for making the vid - well done:)

Wish we could have moderators here!

Went back to basics in this film. As this IS the LR hunting forum, I reckon a few of you guys would find this interesting.

The film highlights a couple of points that are often missed when shooting with a bipod.

The film contains prone shooting and improvised positions applicable to LR hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.