FFP scope $500 or less?

clamb4

I have a 7mm mag in my safe that needs a scope. It's a factory rifle and shoots well, but it will be a back up rifle or loner.
I have a Burris veracity 4 x 20 x 50 FFP scope on a custom 7mm mag and am very happy with it. It cost $800 and if I have to spend anything over $500 then I would just buy the Burris.

Is there a FFP scope that cost around 500 or less that is reliable to put on a loner rifle. Most likely wouldn't even dial elevation just use the graduations under the cross hairs out to 5 or 6 hundred yards.

I have a 7mm mag in my safe that needs a scope. It's a factory rifle and shoots well, but it will be a back up rifle or loner.
I have a Burris veracity 4 x 20 x 50 FFP scope on a custom 7mm mag and am very happy with it. It cost $800 and if I have to spend anything over $500 then I would just buy the Burris.

Is there a FFP scope that cost around 500 or less that is reliable to put on a loner rifle. Most likely wouldn't even dial elevation just use the graduations under the cross hairs out to 5 or 6 hundred yards.

Nice to know another end user that's happy with the Burris Veracity. I too am very pleased with it ... I didn't pay nearly as you did though (#32 http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...w-ballistic-e1-ffp-reticle-130833/index5.html).

Not sure if this meet your requirement but here's one for your consideration >>> SWFA SS 3-9x42 Rifle Scope DEMO-B

Good luck!

Ed

Yes, I have seen the Veracity cheaper than when I bought mine. Around $700 is not too hard to find, it's a lot of scope for $700 and I have seen the 5 x 25 x 50 for $800. The 5 x 25 x 50 would work well for a 338 RUM I have.

I was wanting a little more magnification than 3 x 9 for the loner rifle. 4 x 12 or larger FFP is probably a lot to ask for in the $500 or less range. And now that you reminded me I can get the Burris for $700 the gap is shrinking.

clamb4
Look at the Weaver Super Slam Euro at Natchez, they are FFP scopes. I have a 6-20x and am very pleased with the optics and quality. They are also in your price range.

Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.