Feeding issue.. (video)

Tommy1984

Hey guys, I seem to have the worse luck buying expensive rifles...

I just bought a new Christensen Arms travers in 300 win mag havnt fired a shot out of it yet but seem to have a heck of an issue feeding rounds from the internal magazine.

sometimes it takes palm strikes on the bolt to get it moving, and its cutting deep grooves in the copper jackets as well as the brass, I actually think its the rim of the round that's feeding that's doing the damage to the boss of the round below in, almost like its in a bind.. I am going to try to link to a YouTube video of me cycling it, Maybe some one can give me an idea of what's going on..

I would bet that it is the lips of the Magazine needs deburring with a fine file and some fine Emory paper. I see this a lot and takes a few mins to fix. Just take the action out of the stock and remove the Magazine box and you will be able to feel where it needs smoothing off.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.