FedEx

FedEx is the worst. We have had multiple instances with FedEx deliveries.

Once, during Covid spree, FedEx text that they had delivered a package, but it wasn't. I was working from home and my "office" was the Family Room where our front door is. I literally had watched the FedEx truck drive by and it never stopped. FedEx rep still argued with me when I called. I never saw that package because the supplier was just as bad and said it was FedEx's issue, not theirs. Neither ever resolved the issue. Luckily it was only about $25.

They have left packages, twice, at a side door that doesn't even access the street. Had to walk around the house to get to it, passing the front door as they walked there.

They "attempted" to deliver something that supposedly needed a signature (supplier said they don't request a signature for their goods) and since we both were working outside the home, forced me to drive 30 miles to a distribution hub to get it. Only to find out it wasn't marked a signature required on their paperwork.

UPS and USPS are 10x better in this area.

FedEx keeps getting worse!

Since posting the above in July, they were contracted to deliver a package. Ohio to Indiana. Should be a piece of cake. Per FedEx tracking that package went from OH to Chicago and for some reason was sent back to originating facility. That facility put it back in the system only to have the package now go from OH to an Indianapolis hub and then BACK to the originating facility again. But they couldn't find it. Lost!

So, supplier cancelled that order and initiated a second one. On Monday that package left OH and arrived at the local hub (25 miles away here) on Tuesday evening. It was on a truck and "out for delivery" yesterday morning only to never show. Again, this morning they said it was on a truck and "out for delivery". An hour ago, I received a text saying the package was now "delayed due to operational issues" ... I will agree with that ... there are issues!! Now giving no delivery date.

In the future I will be asking who a supplier's shipper is. If it is FedEx, I will find another source.

Since posting the above in July, they were contracted to deliver a package. Ohio to Indiana. Should be a piece of cake. Per FedEx tracking that package went from OH to Chicago and for some reason was sent back to originating facility. That facility put it back in the system only to have the package now go from OH to an Indianapolis hub and then BACK to the originating facility again. But they couldn't find it. Lost!

So, supplier cancelled that order and initiated a second one. On Monday that package left OH and arrived at the local hub (25 miles away here) on Tuesday evening. It was on a truck and "out for delivery" yesterday morning only to never show. Again, this morning they said it was on a truck and "out for delivery". An hour ago, I received a text saying the package was now "delayed due to operational issues" ... I will agree with that ... there are issues!! Now giving no delivery date.

In the future I will be asking who a supplier's shipper is. If it is FedEx, I will find another source.
Could have them hold at local facility and go pick up. Inconvenient for sure. Might just be employees with personal agendas who are misrouteing stuff if they know what the package is or contains.

Could have them hold at local facility and go pick up. Inconvenient for sure. Might just be employees with personal agendas who are misrouteing stuff if they know what the package is or contains.
Why would they do that? I would figure it would reflex on the person doing the work. Never know what a honest days work will get you in the long run? As an old union carpenter it got me over 20 years in place. Made over 6 figures for several of those years.

Sadly, it's illegal to write on the box the contents may explode if disarm code is not entered by recipient in 72 hours.

I thought about it but at $4/gal for gas, that 50 mile round trip would cost me $12 additional dollars in gas. Plus, did that once 3-4 years ago and got to the facility only to find out the item was out on a truck for delivery. They really listened to my request that time.

On the positive side, I contacted the supplier, via email, and told them of my displeasure with FedEx. They responded saying they were sending a second shipment just in case the 1st never shows, at no cost to me.

On the positive side, I contacted the supplier, via email, and told them of my displeasure with FedEx. They responded saying they were sending a second shipment just in case the 1st never shows, at no cost to me.
If the supplier is hunting or fishing, would be nice to know who it is for future business. I would do business with a supplier that has customers back.

It's always hard to find good working people. The managers aren't always the best in the groups either. The other is people change over time too. The biggest part of that I learn in Vietnam. Serviced under 7 different captains in about 7 months. I was able to watch them in action.
There was 2 that were really, good and the rest moved down the scale. Not only because how they handle a fire fight, but also how they handle their men in the troops. Being a Medic also placed me into the area of handling men, and looking out for their well being.
Bottom line is there are good leaders, and poor leaders, and the same goes with all the rest.
Everybody like to bitch, but who can throw the first rock? If you are having problem roll it up hill. Go to the suppliers, and anybody else you can think of.
What I don't like is having to signed for items. A lot of the time it's being shipped into another state. If I am Mexico-North I can't received those items there. Stupid Is, and people vote them in.

Ironically, UPS delivered 3 packages to the house on the day they claim the address was wrong, one from the same vendor as this package

tracking.JPG

These threads are always entertaining. There's always more information to these stories, but we'll never hear all of it. That missing information can change the entire situation. That's not to say that there aren't plenty of examples of complete incompetence and negligence on the drivers' part too though.

The average person would be amazed by the number of inaccurate addresses that a driver will see in a daily basis. It's also important to remember that just because you gave an accurate and complete address to the vendor you purchased an item from, doesn't mean that vendor put that same correct and complete address on the package. It's amazing how many people don't understand just how important and accurate zip code is, or an accurate street name or number. Most customers don't understand that 108th St SE isn't the same as 108th St S, so they don't mark their packages accordingly. Then they get upset when the package is delivered to the actual location on the label.

The signature issues are a function of local or federal regulations. Properly declared Hazmat packages require an adult signature. They always have, and always will. It was never acceptable to leave powder or primers on a door step. Ammunition isn't a hazmat so that's up to the vendor shipping the item to require a signature or not.

The big thing to remember, the overwhelming majority of drivers don't care about what you ordered. They just want to get rid of the freight and go home. It isn't personal or political, sometimes people just screw up. Whether that's a function of driver error, negligence, inaccurate/incomplete information, or bad communication, it just happens. The delivery industry is a numbers game, with anything below 99% being considered a service failure in most cases. That's a much higher standard than a lot of other industries. I know I haven't had a 99% success rate with gunsmiths!

I have items being shipped all the time. To an address than where I am not at most of the time. !, to avoid sales tax. 2. because you can't ship a lot of those items to the state I am presently in part of the time. The only real problem is the place of business is open from Tuesday to Saturday. Closed on Sunday and Mondays. Where I live at in the other state, I am not home that much either. I am not going to sit around all day to see just when the package is going to arrive either.
Correct address is a must!. Take one of the address I am that **** S. 3rd St. W. Even with that I am always getting mail that doesn't belong to me. I will say one thing is most of the items arrive on time or before. I have had to set up a tracking sheet to note when a package has arrived on location. After I get there I have to go thru and find the items.
Hazmat items: That just a waist of money. The items come in cardboard boxes. Nothing special, I don't see any wood stoves in those delivery trucks either. I seen those items come in so beat up it wasn't funny. I wonder how it got there, and didn't lose anything.
The other thing I was purchasing powder, primers at age 14, and ammo long before that.
So some of these laws are about as stupid as they come. BETTER WATCHOUT YOUR SHADOW, WILL GET YOU! I walked down the valley of death for a year. Scared yes, put not afraid. You have to walk the walk to understand.

If the supplier is hunting or fishing, would be nice to know who it is for future business. I would do business with a supplier that has customers back.

It was not a hunting or fishing supplier this time.

Update ... The package arrived today. Was interesting though in that we had four (4), yes 4, FedEx delivery vehicles in our subdivision today. Two made separate deliveries to our house. Pretty abnormal since we are a "rural" community (<4000 in the closest town) with our subdivision having less than 50 total homes. Since I retired this past March, I have nothing better to do but act a community watch! LOL!! Pretty inefficient use of our natural resources.

100% of my FedEx issues are with correct address, clearly typed, decent size font, solid ink, even Mr. Magoo could read! Hint: you have to be older than dirt to understand that correlation!!!

I bet 50% of the time I am told "this is where the GPS tells us where you live"! This is from a driver when I asked why is it delivered at neighbor's house? So I ask "do you see the standard green reflective house number sign in front of my house that ALL emergency services rely upon?". Driver said they are required to use GPS. So I ask" you are not allowed to look at address signs infront of house and on house?". Driver squirms a bit and says if package is delivered by GPS, they meet requirements. So this is what we have to deal with, absolutely zero interest in reading and validate delivery address. Its nothing but it was delivered to GPS correctly.

So how many have had GPS take you to dead end overlooking cliff where road starts back up below cliff? I have had construction trucks at my house for a build that was 1/4 mile away but my address was given as a flag since building lot did not have one! I could have built a barn with materials that were almost dropped at house.! I had one heck of argument with lumber guy that just couldn't get it thru his head not here! His invoice said otherwise! So I asked him "do you see a foundation here?". DUH!!!!!

Has our society become so illiterate and cannot think for ourselves any more? Logic and common sense is now also a "lost commodity" in addition to lost packages.!!!!

Muddyboots, your scenario is exactly what I experienced as well. After complaining, a supervisor had the nerve to call and say 'we're just human, everyone makes mistakes'! Gave her my .02 about the 'idiot' driver and common sense. Never checked the actual address, just followed the GPS!! Rant over!

Recent Posts