FedEx

Just ordered 1000 bullets. FedEx says delivered. Went out to get them 15 minutes after the delivered email was sent.......not there. Filed a case with FedEx. I wonder what kind of bs I'll have to go through with that.
No worries I had them do that to me 3 days in a row. Needless to say when product was delivered then they wanted a signature. Most likely driver or computer saying delivered just didn't quite make it's stop yet.

Just ordered 1000 bullets. FedEx says delivered. Went out to get them 15 minutes after the delivered email was sent.......not there. Filed a case with FedEx. I wonder what kind of bs I'll have to go through with that.
I just ordered some bullets and spent some extra $ for insurance. From what I've seen happening lately(theft in transit), I think it was money well spent.

I just ordered some bullets and spent some extra $ for insurance. From what I've seen happening lately(theft in transit), I think it was money well spent.
When is open season for THIEVES ? No bag limits. Think about it. When you have to buy Insurance for a service that is paid for. I;d call it extortion ! Why is it the consumer always gets the BILL for the lack of competent services ?

Last edited:
My ball & chain works for one of the most well known online hunting and outfitting retailers that merged with one of the biggest brick and mortar fishing and boating retailers a few years ago. The buying company used FedEx. They are a nightmare. They are stats driven. Stuff is shown delivered to make on time delivery stats look good, even when they know it is gunna be delivered the next day. Dont freak out unless it dont come today.
UPS is union. FedEx IS NOT. FedEx is partnered with USPS. UPS costs more but is better and faster in most cases. Also FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight are DIFFERENT companies owned by the same parent company, FedEX. If you order something economy that **** is gunna get transffered to the USPS at some point, most likely adding another day or 2.
Spot on...it came today. I sure am relieved. Kind of strange...the box had a pink post-it note on it that said "FedEx" written in magic marker. Wonder what that was about?

Spot on...it came today. I sure am relieved. Kind of strange...the box had a pink post-it note on it that said "FedEx" written in magic marker. Wonder what that was about.
My guess is Fed Ex left package at wrong home. And homeowner gave it to USPS. My sister in law works for USPS. But then I'm just guessing from her stories. lol

USPS provides last-mile transport for both FEDEX and UPS. They do not provide intermediate transport for FEDEX/UPS and are not involved in the long distance transport when a seller utilizes SmartPost and SurePost to save on shipping costs.

BTW, I must be blessed bc I never have problems with USPS/UPS/FEDEX local delivery and they hit the expected delivery date 95%+. My wife keeps them at my door daily(literally).

I have to take a LOT of prescription medication. 95% of my meds are mail order. Last year I ordered and a few days later I got an email that it had been shipped. Tracking number said it will be delivered SUNDAY...? Email said it was delivered. We live in a small town. In a 100 year old house. In a court win several years ago, I got a pretty good handful of money. I bought a 8 camera system and had it installed. I can go back for a month and see what happened on a certain day and a certain time. I walked all around the house. No meds. This is injectable medicine that actually comes in a big styrofoam cooler. I called the pharmacy company. Got another shipment the very next day. Week and a half later a neighbor down the street showed up at our door with the missing box. He found it beside his house when he went to mow.

Nobody working today knows takes any pride in their work. I don't know what else to say.

FedEx. Can be a real pain in the butt, And with along with lousy service in my SE part of NC. Like crushed packages that they leave on the porch and quickly run away, why they would even leave it, is beyond me, higher shipping costs with them, and NOW. With primers, powder and loaded ammo. You have to be home to sign for it. No problem there except just last week I was able to get Large rifle primers. Ok. FedEx notification came through with the notification saying it would be delivered on Sunday before the 4th of July. 2 days after that I got another notification from them that the dates are changing and it was to be a different day. Then after 3 notifications saying it was coming on a given day it finally came,, my biggest complaint is. You have to be home to receive it. I had to cancel everything else over those 3 different days because of not knowing what time or when they deliver. Terrible service here. If given the opportunity I will always select UPS. Maybe a little more to ship, but they stand good for there delivery service. And they are polite. I guess they are having a time trying to get people to do a good job even if they do pay them a half decent wage. The last delivery I got from FedEx I started to voice my concerns to the driver and as he was driving away, He hollered back saying. I just deliver it. Call them and complain to them!
I won't do any business with them anymore if it's in my control to do so.

I believe it's been mentioned about FedEx now requiring a valid issued gov't Id be presented to the delivery person upon delivery Of primers powder and even your favorite wine. My FedEx delivering contractor does not have the scanner so my order from Brownells was not delivered and returned to them. I contacted Brownells and to my surprise I was told they no longer use UPS , only Speede and FedEx. Unfortunately Speede does not serve this area. So be aware if you don't receive service from Speede and your FedEx contracted carrier is not using the scanner your package from Brownells goes back and all Brownells will do is credit you for the purchase!!
And by the way.. how many of us are home and can provide the gov't issued Id when FedEx comes to your door?
I beg to wonder if FedEx is using this new policy to justify exiting the home delivery business for this category of products?

I have had that happen! Once it showed up next day or so and twice someone just wanted it more than me! What ****ed me off was I only got back the item cost, less shipping and taxes, so you will get screwed unless it shows up!
Same. Sitting in my house waiting for goodies, watching the street and getting a delivery notification from a truck that didn't exist. It was scheduled to exist, it usually exists around that time of day, but it didn't go near me. Then a little while later it got undelivered. Then some days later it showed up.

Same thing happened once with USPS too, that was a little more strange to me and it was corrected within a few minutes.

I believe it's been mentioned about FedEx now requiring a valid issued gov't Id be presented to the delivery person upon delivery Of primers powder and even your favorite wine. My FedEx delivering contractor does not have the scanner so my order from Brownells was not delivered and returned to them. I contacted Brownells and to my surprise I was told they no longer use UPS , only Speede and FedEx. Unfortunately Speede does not serve this area. So be aware if you don't receive service from Speede and your FedEx contracted carrier is not using the scanner your package from Brownells goes back and all Brownells will do is credit you for the purchase!!
And by the way.. how many of us are home and can provide the gov't issued Id when FedEx comes to your door?
I beg to wonder if FedEx is using this new policy to justify exiting the home delivery business for this category of products?
I wondered the same thing, they've had a long history of wanting to get out of door-to door biz in my estimation but they're pretty much horrible when it comes to having a package redirected or held. "Not going to be home? redirect your package!" "Okay, to my work?" "no dummy to a storefront." "Ok, let's do that then." "NO!!! Haha chump delivery failed"

When we get something messed up with a delivery at our shop sometimes we can get something in the system to bring the package back but most of the time it's a long time on the phone to be told to scram.

Recent Posts