federals New muzzloader bullets

The three bullets I have narrowed down to I really want to shoot are the Barnes tmz 290 grains the thors and Hornady fpbs in the 300 grains out of those which would you guys shoot. I decided on the gun a cva accura v2 long range. You can find a lot more bullet options around when in the stores and the 50 is a do it all gun.

The Federal Bore Lok isn't getting the best of reviews around the muzzleloading world. There were many bullet failures last fall.

Want a bullet that performs 100% of the time...... BARNES

To keep rain/moisture and debris out of your muzzle when carrying it in the field. A lot of guys just use tape or balloons or even rubbers.

I know that is what they are for. But what is the guy in the video using them for? It is sunny and dry.

Thats called a Bore Cot. Its basically a rubber balloon that slips over your muzzle to keep the foul weather out. I find that they change the bullets point of impact greatly at 150 and 200 yards. 75-100 isnt much change, but it shows. Notice how the 2 shots when I used them, impacted to the right and the shots to the left were without the bore cots.

As for bullet failures, I've yet to see an actual person on a forum use them on a hunt and report back.

They basically are a barnes. They are 100% copper and are in fact a good deal thinner where the petals peel back.

I've only shot 2 packages of them with a variety of powders, so I can not add a whole lot to how they perform at longer ranges or on animals.
img_4012.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.