Favorite .223 Rem Prairie dog loads?

Ok, this probably isn't your typical prairie dog bullet - but my most accurate .223 load BY FAR is 24.0 gr of RL-15 under a 77gr. SMK. Cloverleafs out of my 1-8 24" bull barrel everytime.
I have some nosler 77gr cc hpbt loaded up with RL15 ready to try out

How did that work out? How far you shoot em? The 53gr vmax is high on my list to try out

Under 400 yards and I like under 300 yards because I like hits with every shot. I don't lot to take a lot of shots just to Say I got one at 500 plus.
I just get closer to them as I do when hunting Big Game.
FYI I load a stiff load of V 133 powder and at 200 yards it groups .77 inch.

I think the answer is really in 2 parts: 1) volume shooting under 300 yards 2) selective shooting 300 +.

Under 300 doesn't much matter 40-55 grains get it done. My experience with the heavier 70 grain + loads is they lack a little in splat factor. I've watched them go through, and leave a little hole in and out. Then they die like a 50's cowboy, or make it back in their hole.

Quite a few video's out there watching a few of those can give you an idea what your up against.

Optics should be a factor as well.

I think the answer is really in 2 parts: 1) volume shooting under 300 yards 2) selective shooting 300 +.

Under 300 doesn't much matter 40-55 grains get it done. My experience with the heavier 70 grain + loads is they lack a little in splat factor. I've watched them go through, and leave a little hole in and out. Then they die like a 50's cowboy, or make it back in their hole.

Quite a few video's out there watching a few of those can give you an idea what your up against.

Good points. For me my AR is a "do all" truck rifle. Which is why I choose the 53gr vmax. Explosive and high B.C. for weight class.

This kind of feedback is very helpful, Thanks. Ill avoid the heavy bullets for now. I think I settled on the 53gr vmax and the 60gr sierra tipped matchking. They both have high b.c. for their weight, and can be driven well over 3000fps in .223. Neither are exactly cheap, but $.21 for the tmk, and $.16 for the vmax. Not terrible.

:D:D:D

This kind of feedback is very helpful, Thanks. Ill avoid the heavy bullets for now. I think I settled on the 53gr vmax and the 60gr sierra tipped matchking. They both have high b.c. for their weight, and can be driven well over 3000fps in .223. Neither are exactly cheap, but $.21 for the tmk, and $.16 for the vmax. Not terrible.

3000fps take a look at Hornady Superperformance .223 Rem 53gr V-Max at 3465fps

Thanks.
What sort of velocity do you see? How far you shooting?
I shoot the 53 din my 223 ai with 18" suppressed and get 3394fps. The other day coyote hunting we stopped and gave some PD's some attention with slight breeze I was easily hitting out to 614.
Im shooting the 55 noslers at 3175 very accurate and works well with ballistic reticle out to 500 out to AR

Any of the ballistic tips work well on Sod Poodles.Ive found the Vmax to be more explosive than the nosler ballistic tips if you're going for red mist but they all work well even out past 500 yards. Took 3 dogs off a mound at 650 with a 58vmax running 3700 fps out of my 6mm and they all flipped like furry little cheerleaders