Fast twist = more pressure?

I pussed out at 10 firings, got tired of swapping dies ect . Primer pockets are still like new, had to trim 3x . After 10 firings, no case head expansion beyond the initial .002" on the 1st firing.

Peterson brass is for real folks.
I plan ordering 300 Win mag Peterson brass.

If I recall correctly, Kirby Allen reported that Lapua brand 338 Lapua Mag cases likewise would expand on the first firing at the case head diameter, but would then hold together for multiple firings at those pressures. I experience much the same with my 338 Lapua brass.
So quality brass seems to be an outlier from the rules of thumb that commonly apply to lower strength brass case heads, which continue to expand their primer pockets with additional firings.
As far as Peterson brass, I had one guy tell me he preferred it over Lapua in his 338 Lapua Mag. That after he completed direct comparison testing on both brands in his 338 Lapua Improved. He said it was both tougher and more uniform.

I hope Peterson can hold the specs consistently from lot to lot. That is the issue I have seen with some of the other manf that make tougher brass. IMO why Lapua has such a following.

Leaving name out but I had a second run of brass from a company and it had more internal vol and at the same time tougher than anything I had used to date. I had so many firings and at was over SAAMI level there was no lettering on the case heads at all that could be seen. Yet pockets were still tight and head was good. Picked some up for a later lot and it was down a bit in vol and got far less loadings. Still great brass and was my first choice for this case but it was a large change..

I am rootn for Peterson as we can really use a top quailty case manf that listens to the perf shooters and they do. I really want them to succeed lot term. A USA company brass manf that can go head to head with lapua is AWESOME!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.