6BR fast twist loads

shilen30

Here's a question for 6BRguy and the rest who own a rifle chambered in this fine caliber with a fast twist barrel. I have a rem 788 chambered in 22-250 (9 twist). It has been a very accurate rifle, but I have to load it single shot due to the very short action and long bullets I use, and I think now that the throat is gone I want to go to a fast twist (1 in 8") 6BR for long range work. I guess my question is two fold: Can you generally feed from a magazine with this round (such as the 22-250 detatchable magazines I have), and, most importantly, what are the favorite powders for the bullets over 100 grains?

I think I am going to go with a broughton 5C 1 in 8" twist BTW. I just rebarrelled my 300winmag with a broughton 5C 1 in 11" twist after the throat went out on the shilen barrel. I am going to pick it up this week at my smith's place.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.