Falconstrike Hydraulic Butt Pad

azsugarbear

Looking primarily for some first-hand feedback from someone who actually uses it on a rifle. I ran across it a little while ago while doing some on-line research. I can see how accuracy might improve with shooter who flich at recoil. I tend to shoot heavy rifles with muzzlebrakes, so that is not a problem with me. I am however looking to build a lighter-weight (9 lbs) rifle in 300 PRC shooting 200 gr. pills. I was planning on another brake, but then stumbled across the falconstrike. Unless it handles recoil precisely the same way each time the rifle is shot, it might hurt instead of help accuracy. Also wondering if anybody uses one in conjuction with a brake.

I have seen something similar in shotgun comps where the stock slides inside an outer sleeve, these were made of very expensive wood thought but similar to this design and it was hydraulic
128016971.jpg

I made one more than thirty years ago. I fired thirty 270 grainers at 3,000 feet per second without so much as a red spot on my shoulder.

You must make sure you don't collapse the shock absorber when you hold it to your shoulder.

Did you ever get one to try it out? Doesn't seem that expensive when comparing to a brake, Smith work...etc.