• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Fairy dust for fairy dust Trade or will buy. Looking for Blackhorn 209 powder.

Mnovak73

Looking for a few pounds of Blackhorn 209 powder, shippable or within 4 hours drive of central Arkansas.

I have pounds and pounds of Retumbo, R26, H1000 and others for trade. Also have thousands and thousands of 210 and 215 primers. I could use some 209 primers.

I will also buy Blackhorn 209 or 209 primers outright if anyone is selling.

Have seen Blackhorn 209 in my local gun store but not what I needed and did not purchase any ,but as mentioned above I believe I'm a little outside your 4 Hour Dr. I'm in Tennessee

When you get it, it's not the same!! I've gone they a bottle of the new stuff and weight to volume is no where near the old stuff. Use Caution on your load development, you will be way over any published data to get the same performance.

When you get it, it's not the same!! I've gone they a bottle of the new stuff and weight to volume is no where near the old stuff. Use Caution on your load development, you will be way over any published data to get the same performance.
I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the heads up.

Would this be considered new production since they were bought by Hodgdon?

Do you get the same accuracy and velocity?

Would this be considered new production since they were bought by Hodgdon?

Do you get the same accuracy and velocity?
New production since the buy out. The volume to weight on old stock was 1.42 the new is about 1.23.

To achieve the same velocities I averaged needing 6g more powder. I switched projectiles so accuracy could not be measured.

My local sportsman's had a bunch of blackhorn the other day. I live in Nebraska but will be in Fayetteville area for bear season opener this year. Still a ways out but thought I'd offer up.

My local sportsman's had a bunch of blackhorn the other day. I live in Nebraska but will be in Fayetteville area for bear season opener this year. Still a ways out but thought I'd offer up.
If you can pick up a 5 lb jug or several 10oz jugs I'd gladly meet you in Fayetteville. I can even send you the money to reimburse you before your trip if needed. I'll PM you my phone contact info.