Extreme Shooting and Filming

ADMIN

Administrator
At the shot, we all erupted with shouts, high fives and knuckles. To my knowledge, no one had ever pulled this off for national television-a 1000+ yard shot on a football-sized varmint known as a rockchuck! We were ecstatic! Read More...

This is a thread for discussion of the article, Extreme Shooting and Filming, By Tim Titus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good Tim! I realize stuff all has to come together, but how much did the bigger optic contribute. Were you guys able to utilize the upper end of the power range?

The weather was relatively cool and though there was some mirage, the upper magnifications were still usable. The mirage in the spotting scopes actually helped with the wind calls. This is one place that high magnification and super clear glass earns its keep especially for those of us with middle-aged eyes. Small targets blending into the rocks made pinpoint target acquisition tough. Chris found himself at a clear disadvantage with the 3.5-15X NF. It just wasn't enough magnification under these conditions. My personal LR varmint rig has a 5.5-22X56 NF. It's the minimum for me in this type of shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.