Extreme long range training

There are a few folks, not many, who you can ask for extreme long range (1,000 yards plus) training, mostly out west (Texas, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico) where the land supports that kind of shooting. There are others in the Dakotas, Wyoming, and Montana.

Favored calibers seem to be the 338 Lapua and 50 BMG for the fact you can buy common components relatively cheaply for the amount of cartridges you'll need to 1) develop ELR skills and 2) sustain your level of training. Reloading takes some of the sting out of ammo demand, and common components supports ammo consumption rates.

You can ask SF CW3 (retired) Mike Haugen at Remington Military Products for training and about Dean -- they served together at Fort Lewis.

There are a few folks, not many, who you can ask for extreme long range (1,000 yards plus) training, mostly out west (Texas, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico) where the land supports that kind of shooting. There are others in the Dakotas, Wyoming, and Montana.

Favored calibers seem to be the 338 Lapua and 50 BMG for the fact you can buy common components relatively cheaply for the number of cartridges you'll need to 1) develop ELR skills and 2) sustain your level of training. Reloading takes some of the sting out of ammo demand, and common components support ammo consumption rates.

You can ask SF CW3 (retired) Mike Haugen at Remington Military Products for training and about Dean -- they served together at Fort Lewis.

Campers...

I know Sinister very well. I call him a friend. You can take him to the bank any day, and get change for your efforts.

Since he didn't tell you his credentials, I won't go into it, but his experience as a long range shooter and instructor exceeds just about ANYONE you can find in the USA!! And he teaches longrange shooting full time where it counts.

And that ain't no BS

it seems I have found a place where I might learn a thing or two,,I consider myself a first shot hit at 500 on milk jug size targets type of shooter,,most places call me a liar,,it seems that here,the cream floats and the [censored] sinks.

I do have access to a Gordie built 40X 30 inch 6.5-284 with the 36 XBR Leupold that has shot 6 inch 10 shot groups at 1K,but I cant do it yet...

I LOVE THIS BAR..

[ QUOTE ]
I consider myself a first shot hit at 500 on milk jug size targets type of shooter,,most places call me a liar,,it seems that here, the cream floats and the poo-poo sinks.

I LOVE THIS BAR..

[/ QUOTE ]

Milk jugs at 500 yds are a walk in the park...
... we can believe that.

http://www.snipercountry.com/images/Pablito-M24-0.46-target.jpg

Welcome to the bar - bring your own broken beer bottle for when it gets rough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I consider myself a first shot hit at 500 on milk jug size targets type of shooter,,most places call me a liar,,it seems that here, the cream floats and the poo-poo sinks.

I LOVE THIS BAR..

[/ QUOTE ]

Milk jugs at 500 yds are a walk in the park...
... we can believe that.

http://www.snipercountry.com/images/Pablito-M24-0.46-target.jpg

Welcome to the bar - bring your own broken beer bottle for when it gets rough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif!

[/ QUOTE ]

I`ll bring Bill Wilson for the rough stuff.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.